1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Who here will jump back to apple for the iphone 4G LTE

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CaliforniaMan, Apr 14, 2012.

1. CaliforniaMan

CaliforniaMan Member

Who here will jump back to apple for the iphone 4G LTE later this year?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Why would anyone consider jumping ship for a device we literally know nothing at all about?

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

I have never even thought about owning an iPhone.

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

I'm curious to what the iPhone 5 will bring to the tech world not sure if I'll consider jumping shop though. Apple will really need to bring something new for me to even entertain an exodus from Android.

5. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert

I personally have never owned any Apple product....and have no interest in doing so.

I have never wanted to be tied to iToons or any of the other Apple programs.

The only way that I would consider an iPhone is if Android were sued out of existence or bought out by Apple. Even then, I might consider a Windows phone before an iPhone.

6. FJR1300

FJR1300 Well-Known Member

Apple would have to introduce a life changing must have technology just to consider their product and even then I wouldn't pay full price just to be an early adopter.

If their next phone is merely going to have some of the features that I already have with the Skyrocket, there would be no motivation to switch.

7. I don't see the next iPhone being that impressive to jump from Android either. Very happy with my current device, which is my second android operated device. Will also be sticking to them in the future, no reason not to.

8. zoxxo

zoxxo Android Enthusiast

After owning three android phones, I find the iOS interface very, boring. I have an iPod touch and it's a great device, but it's just a screen with dots on it. There is no customization and unless Apple does somthing to shake up the look and feel, then I really don't see an iPhone in my future...

9. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

<Thread moved> :)

They would have to increase the screen size...and even then.. nope.

330D and IOWA like this.
  10. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

The Problem with apples is that they get bright and shiny red then worms get into them and they turn brown then black and well really they look awful after about two weeks so why would you want to have one longer than that anyways :D

Androids RULE

NightHawk877 likes this.
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

There seems to be this common meme out there that we all secretly want iPhones and will finally go to the fold when a magic feature hits - retinal display (gack), Siri, LTE...

There is no perfect phone, just the right phone for any individual at any point in time.

But as for that meme, no, it doesn't work that way. In order for an iPhone to become attractive to me, it's not only going to have to pick up significant features, Android is going to have to lose significant features.

iPhone, do not want.

Stop asking me.

12. SammyGS2

SammyGS2 Newbie

Gonna make this my first post...

My first smartphone was the samsung infuse. Loved the screen size and vibrant colors. Didn't care about specs or anything at that point it was just a phone. Then I jumped to the iPhone 4s which is a really great phone. It was such an improvement for me from the infuse. I loved everything about it. It managed to take what I thought about phones and completely changed everything. I started to really follow tech news regarding phones. I had invested ALOT of money in cases apps and other accessories. Then I got an itch for a larger screen. So i sold the 4s and bought my current phone a skyrocket. While I love the skyrocket I am constantly finding myself wanting my iPhone back. with my history in phones now covered I will probably make the jump back to iPhone when my contract is up. I am going to give my self the year I have left with android to fully experience everything the ecosystem has to offer. Who knows I might just stick with it...but I will always have a soft spot for iPhones.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  13. Covart

Covart Android Enthusiast

I have had several iPhones. All jailbroken, thus making them more like Android. I got sick and tired of playing cat and mouse with Apple though, waiting to lose my jailbreak after an update to the OS came out, which always inevitably happened. Plus, auto-correct sucks on iOS. And Google Maps is awesome on Android!

I don't care what Apple does at this point. I'm not going back to the iPhone.

14. kct1975

kct1975 Android Expert

People have to do what is best for them. But for me, I love Android phones. The operating system is easy to use and I like the fact that it is customizable, even without rooting and using a completely stock phone.

There is just too much of a 'training wheels' feeling on iPhone.

Also I have to say that I love the fact that Android is so widely available it allows for various manufactures to make and offer Android phones.

15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, SammyGS2! :)

16. SammyGS2

SammyGS2 Newbie

Why thank you ;)

17. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

ok.. they got the notification bar...
    so they get LTE..
    then they get widgets...
    then they get... whatever else they need form android...

but
    i already have all those things with android..

plus.. hate apple's underhanded hypocritical business tactics...
    would rather use Windows Phones.

18. SammyGS2

SammyGS2 Newbie

pfft. Microsoft would never do that...

;)

ninja_reject likes this.
  19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

I'm just hoping they include NFC so us Nex'rs can finally reap the benefits. I just don't think NFC will be widely adopted until the iphone has it.
    Aside from that, I've no interest in it. I've had LTE for 6 months now and would never switch.

20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

jmar and B2L like this.
  21. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

iphone 4
    iphone 4s

coming this fall 2012
    iphone 4G with LTE 4G!
    it will look the same as the first 2.
    but through R&D and innovation, they are using a new space technology for the back to great strengthen the durability and radio signal penetration.... plastic.

22. FJR1300

FJR1300 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, what do you miss about the 4S? Not knocking your preference at all, just wondering if there is some technical feature you find lacking on the GSII LTE that the 4S has?

Its good to hear an opposing view as it is naturally easy to find many people in agreement to Android over iOS on an Android forum ;)

23. SammyGS2

SammyGS2 Newbie

It has nothing to do with the skyrocket lacking. Its more of an issue with the maturity of the app store compared to the Google market. While the app store didn't look as fancy it was definitely more functional in terms of finding new content. I truely liked iTunes. I would grab some new music or whatever charge my iPhone at night and my new content was on my phone for me in the morning no hassles. IOS has the official version of just about Every app I wanted and was always a joy to use. Here I am finding myself having to settle for a 3rd rate app riddled with ads. I do like the way for example angry birds space also has a premium version that removes the ads. I would like to see more of this and hope its a sign of things to come here on android.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt the fact that was the one that started everything for me. Its like your first car. I am enjoying android i would just like to see the market gain in terms of quality and not the countless booty puzzles I have come across. I'm not that Guy that whines about software updates or anything like that. Just would like to see the ecosystem come as far as the phones have. This is my first time using tapatalk to reply so bare with me.

jmar likes this.
  24. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

I had heard, but never bothered to confirm, that there was a software update to the 4S that makes the 3G icon show up as 4G depending on what kind of network it's connected to. If so, there are no doubt iPhone users out there who think this software update added 4G capabilities to their phone.

jmar likes this.