• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

www.antennasearch.com will show you exactly where all 4G antennas are.

AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

Type in your address, process your request, then click "View Antenna Results" Click the blue antennas on the map and the ones labeled "Clearwire Spectrum Holdings, lii, Llc" are the ones blasting out the 4G signal.
I live two miles within four Clearwire antennas, nuts!!! Zip code 78729.
Cant wait to get my EVO in a couple weeks!

I live in 78726. I'm surrounded in towers and antenna. Of the many are two clearwire antenna 1000ft and 3000ft from my front door. I get 0 to 1 bar of spotty (not reliable) 4G service. If I leave 4G active, it will drain the battery trying to maintain a connection to the 4G towers. Also, while I'm using the internet, as it is bouncing between 3G and 4G (because they are not compatible systems) it will constantly reassign IP addresses, causing havoc with what I'm trying to do (not to mention slowing it down to a crawl while it switches.) I've turned off 4G :-(

Hope you have better luck.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice find, I was wondering why yesterday, I decided to try 4G at my office(Which according to Sprints Coverage map should be spotty) but I got 2 Full bars of 4G at my desk.

But at home(In my house), I barely get a 4G signal, even though my area is blanketed in it since it is near Philly.

Is it also possible I could have other kinds of interference at home?? I figured I would have more at work, considering I work around all different kinds of frequencies all day.

And just double checked....2 Full bars of 4G right now, at work.

Upvote 0
I live two miles within four Clearwire antennas, nuts!!! Zip code 78729.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but at my apartment (third floor) in 78727 I have a 200' Clearwire antenna a half-mile to the north and two more 100' antennas within two miles east and southwest, and my 4G at home is unreliable at best. The tower to the SW is practically line of sight.

Based on my experience, distance from the nearest Clear tower is not the best way to determine how good/bad your signal will be.

Upvote 0
We unofficially have 4G here. The city is working on switching all there emergency response, police etc over to the 4G service as well as Comcast is going to be offering something to do with internet via 4G and Sprint's going to be using it for there 4G too.

When I'm down town, my phone clearly see's the 4G too but for some reason won't connect. I think it's not officially operating for Sprint yet though, still in the testing faze.

Anyway, it's there but not on the map.

Upvote 0
We unofficially have 4G here. The city is working on switching all there emergency response, police etc over to the 4G service as well as Comcast is going to be offering something to do with internet via 4G and Sprint's going to be using it for there 4G too.

When I'm down town, my phone clearly see's the 4G too but for some reason won't connect. I think it's not officially operating for Sprint yet though, still in the testing faze.

Anyway, it's there but not on the map.

Where is here?

Upvote 0
according to that site, there are ZERO SPRINT TOWERS IN MY AREA!!! but I have 6 bars of coverage on my Evo right now...

Registered
(1) Crown Atlantic Company, Llc 200 feet .82 miles
(2) New Cingular Wireless Pcs, Llc 310 feet 1.30 miles
(3) Pinnacle Towers Llc 270 feet 2.28 miles
(4) American Towers, Inc. 295 feet 2.56 miles
(5) American Towers, Inc. 283 feet 2.78 miles
(6) Alltel Communications, Llc 213 feet 3.48 miles
(7) Alltel Communications, Llc 399 feet 3.51 miles
(8) Pinnacle Towers Llc 270 feet 3.65 miles
(9) South Carolina Educational Television Dba = Sc-oir #28, Columbia, Wrlk-tv-fm 1004 feet 3.76 miles

Not Registered
(1) Southeastern Smr Llc 270 feet 2.44 miles
(2) Sba Towers Inc 260 feet 3.00 miles
(3) American Tower Corp 260 feet 3.14 miles
(4) American Tower Lp 188 feet 3.18 miles

Although I do like all the details you can get by clicking on the towers from the list... including contact names and phone numbers... and when they were serviced and when there were changes made on the tower... which does show ownership changes, but the tower itself is still listed under the old owner...

Upvote 0
I wish some one would augment this into a layer of google maps...

It has been done. There is a kiosk in a mall down the street, run by Clear (same network), and they have an application that augments it into a layer on google maps and includes upcoming towers that they are working on but haven't gone live.

In February, there were about 5 towers that were supposedly ready to go live in March. Never did. They said they would then go live in June. Never did. I went back to the kiosk and they quoted August. We'll see.

The blame was placed on the local cities (Frisco and Little Elm, Texas) and Clear said it was a holdup in their approval, but that all the work was done.

Check to see if you have a Clear location near you. I wish they would post this data on the internet though so I could just check from home.

Upvote 0
I wish some one would augment this into a layer of google maps...

You can actually do it yourself fairly easy with Excel:

1. Go to AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more. and download the antenna results.. (be sure to pick antenna's not towers..or you will not get all the antenna's located on buildings..only stand alone towers)

2. Sort by owner (column N) then you can find the Clearwire antenna's. (in Excel this is DATA/SORT)

3. Delete all ROWS except for those with CLEARWIRE listed as owner.

4. Delete all the columns except the ones shown at the site below..

Save Only these columns...
Address, City, State, Zip

Export that list to

Reactions: ep3n3wp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones