• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You Know You're Not Dialed-In To Popular Culture When...

No wayz!

You don't strike me as that craaaaaaazy mother ****er Clint Eastwood in that movie!!

You are too kind and caring to resemble insane psycho pops :)

Do not quote me on that movie, I directed it :) I used fake names all the time, besides who is going to imdb me anyways?

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
When you don't understand your new car any more than you understand your new phone, likely because they use the same OS

You just need to thoroughly read through the bible-sized manual that comes with it. Of course by the time you finish it you'll probably be buying your next car.

When you're not sure if some iteration of Star Trek is making new episodes. That TV show has almost completely dropped of my radar. Is Star Trek still a thing anymore? Loved the cartoons.

The only iteration on what can loosely be considered "TV" these days is Star Trek Discovery, which is only available on CBS's All-Access pay service (at least it is in the US, not sure about anywhere else). Although I'm a lifelong ST fan I'm not paying just for that. And Fox (again in the US) has The Orville (created by/starring Seth McFarland), which while being a blatant ST ripoff is actually pretty good.

Upvote 0
When you're not sure if some iteration of Star Trek is making new episodes. That TV show has almost completely dropped of my radar. Is Star Trek still a thing anymore? Loved the cartoons.

I'm with people for whom Star Trek was never a thing but Peppa Pig is a thing, and it's not because of age.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
I finally got tired of the many boxes of albums, 8-track tapes, cassettes, 45's, etc, of which I had thousands so I sold the whole lot a few years ago. Now, of course, vinyl is making a comeback and the collection I had is probably worth about 10 times what I got for it. I wonder if bell bottom polyester pants, silk shirts, and black patent leather shoes will follow soon

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones