• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {DISCONTINUED}MegaTron 6.2.5 (Updated 7/13/13)

i am wondering the same i keep getting the boot loop aswell. I have tried upgrading from 5.1, 5.2.1 wipe everything reboot phone power down the phone cant get it to load the home screen. only thing i can think of is total stock root upgrade to the new rom.

Ok wiped a few choice folder from my sd card. lost dir, android, .android_secure, data, svox and a few others i thought might have old rom files reflashed the 5.2.2 and didnt get any boot loop issues. forgot how to check the rom version in the phone to double check and confirm so if anyone can let me know i am running it no bootloops or any issues as of yet.

Upvote 0
Same here:

5.2.1: Gaved me the Android System.apk crashed error and might have caused me to have 1 dropped call, because the Android System.apk crashed during one of my calls.

5.2.2: Stuck at boot logo, you could still "lock" your device and you will see the CRT effect and you could also "unlock" but it still doesn't do anything.

I really like this rom, looks very good for an ICS theme.
One thing i don't like is the 4 bars for the signal, I liked the 6 bars better, but it really doesn't bother me. I wonder if somehow you could be able to put the T-mobile theme engine which is found in CM7 into it, that would really make this rom very awesome. Thats all I had to say, other then that, this is a very awesome rom, keep up the good work.:D

Upvote 0
I"m getting the bootloop as well on 5.2.2 and I did everything you said.
go to your sdcard and delete android,
android secure,
data,
lost.dir

reboot into CWM
advanced
wipe dalvik
reboot system now

if it doesnt work, delete them again and re-flash the whole rom again

you HAVE to delete these files from your sdcard before you flash a new ROM.. ALWAYS

android writes these new when you flash a fresh system when it boots for the first time

I'll make sure chevan puts it in the OP..

Upvote 0
Stuck on bootloop with 5.2.2 also. Booted back into recovery, did a factory reset, cleared cache, cleared dalvik cache. Now boots fine. Gonna play with it a bit to see if anything pops up. Great work on this guys. Lovin my tu again, was about to switch to the marquee before messin with your rom.

FCs came back after resinstalling my tb backed up apps.

Upvote 0
go to your sdcard and delete android,
android secure,
data,
lost.dir

reboot into CWM
advanced
wipe dalvik
reboot system now

if it doesnt work, delete them again and re-flash the whole rom again

you HAVE to delete these files from your sdcard before you flash a new ROM.. ALWAYS

android writes these new when you flash a fresh system when it boots for the first time

I'll make sure chevan puts it in the OP..

I flashed back to 5.1 and did as you said then flashed 5.2.2 but same result.

Ok I tried again this time I cleared everything in recovery and it booted just fine but im alittle worried about restoring my apps as that might bring the bootloop back gonna try later.

I have one request please lose all the added apps from the next update it would be better to let the end user pick as im getting tired of removing all this bloatware. Thanks for the hard work.

Upvote 0
I flashed back to 5.1 and did as you said then flashed 5.2.2 but same result.

Ok I tried again this time I cleared everything in recovery and it booted just fine but im alittle worried about restoring my apps as that might bring the bootloop back gonna try later.

I have one request please lose all the added apps from the next update it would be better to let the end user pick as im getting tired of removing all this bloatware. Thanks for the hard work.
I'm already on that as I agree with you completely. In fact I want to make the rom as light as possible, only using a few utillity apps like voltage control, titanium backup, es file explorer, and go launcher ex. I personally like go launcher because it has tons of features that no other launcher has and a lot of good free themes. It is a pretty big part of the rom theme wise

Upvote 0
I'm already on that as I agree with you completely. In fact I want to make the rom as light as possible, only using a few utillity apps like voltage control, titanium backup, es file explorer, and go launcher ex. I personally like go launcher because it has tons of features that no other launcher has and a lot of good free themes. It is a pretty big part of the rom theme wise

I don't us that launcher I use the miui launch

Upvote 0
Need Some Testers!!!

I think I have a working CWM flashable.zip

Instructions:
download to your sdcard
reboot into CWM
mounts and storage
format system
format data
** go back**
wipe cache
install zip from sdcard
choose zip from sdcard
choose ShevronROM_ver5.1.zip
---yes---
let it run...
reboot system now

let me know what results you have:D

LINK:
ShevronROM_ver5.1.zip

Upvote 0
Need Some Testers!!!

I think I have a working CWM flashable.zip

Instructions:
download to your sdcard
reboot into CWM
mounts and storage
format system
format data
** go back**
wipe cache
install zip from sdcard
choose zip from sdcard
choose ShevronROM_ver5.1.zip
---yes---
let it run...
reboot system now

let me know what results you have:D

LINK:
ShevronROM_ver5.1.zip

Wish me luck :D

Seemed stuck on that initial "reboot system now"
Pulled the battery and booted up ok
Tried installing TB but gettin "no root" error.
Also got an error logging into boost data network (thing it was error 104). No data connection atm

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
Upvote 0
Wish me luck :D

Seemed stuck on that initial "reboot system now"
Pulled the battery and booted up ok
Tried installing TB but gettin "no root" error.
Also got an error logging into boost data network (thing it was error 104). No data connection atm
ok just restore to a prevoius backup. I'm going to have to mess with the script some more

ty

maybe Ill have it by tomorrow

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones