• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Upvote 0
In 1998 I was serving as Plans Officer for U.S. Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station Bahrain. My last reenlistment was coming up, which would take me to 20 years.

The Central Bank of Bahrain was under construction and would tower far above everything else on the Manama skyline. At the very top was the flagpole and a gantry around it. I requested my reenlistment up there.

The Darling Bride was working as a property negotiator in town and pulled a few strings to gain us access. My commanding officer, Commander Treci Dimas, was a great sport about it (I think she wanted to go up there as much as I did!). Because there was very little building up there, hardhats were a must.

Despite the high gulf winds she, the photographer and I climbed up to the flagpole gantry: and with the entire island of Bahrain in view around us, I was sworn in for another four years.

proxy-image.jpeg
20240216_063423.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Women think we know what us men are doing, but when we grab something so hesitant and never think of that far into advance, and still wanted that project, when we have free time, I had free time little bit around six p.m., and I grabbed a curtian and spray painted with chalk paint on the garage floor, and had the door open, the garage floor is so lightly covered with that stuff, going to repair it with Goo Gone soon, when my mother's head is unclear and fill of angry with me.

Eh, Women.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm more of a planner. I'll plan meals a week out. The Darling Bride complains that she never sees me working around the house. My reply is, "well, that's because I'm always finished when you finally notice!" That never goes over well...
How.....?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones