• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

When this is all over and things are working as the majority want them to and the mad rush and mess of "moving house" (or "flittin'" as we say in Yorkshire), the 21st of November should be designated "hug an amin day", in remembrance of the grief, pain and suffering we the general members inflicted on the mods and amin on that day of evolution (didn't miss the R on purpose).

Seriously, I've said this elsewhere already, but this forum is free, we all came here following a link or from word of mouth. The owners of it do it because Android is their passion, not for reward. The mods because they have a passion and want to give something back. I post because this place taught me all I know about Android, and I like to think any new member, brave and geeky enough to post a question here could get something out of their smartphone they'd not even thought about, and if I can help - brilliant!

I know people here I actually have a laugh with and while none of you are real life friends some of you are, to me valued as such. I'm not done teenage geek at surrounded by tech in his bedroom I'm a 45 year old father of two with friends and hobbies in RL. This is a valuable corner of that life, I am pleased it continues to grow, happy that the owners took a creaking old forum and seemingly, magically transformed it to a new home. Yes it is having "teething problems", yes not everyone will like it (I still want the old forum back myself, but I can set this one becoming better).

Don't have a bash, for the sake of your frustration, report bugs you find politely and accurately, and lastly calm down. AF is still here, people are working hard, for free, because they want to. Don't turn them off by throwing your toys out off your pram, this place is friendly and all I have met her are cooperative at the very least. This change will have been for the better, we'll see that in hindsight. Just be patient. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones