• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

I don't care what the scene is........
A flower opening, a sunrise, a cinema classic, pretty girls walking by, a guitar solo, or bees returning home for the evening.......

If you can't sit there for a minimum of ninety minutes, with your mouth agape, and the drool running down your chest, without needing to say something.......

We aren't going to get along very well, you and I; And it remains to be seen, whose loss that is.;)

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
I logged on to AF this morning and it showed 232 alerts. When I opened alerts there was one and only one. Not even old ones showing. Did we have a huge Spam attack or is my stuff all messed up?

Note: Italicized items represent non-profane alternatives.

Yup. I looked at new posts and in the Android Questions forum there were about 8 pages, all junk.
They've been deleted, so I think the mods have been busy.

Upvote 0
I live in the middle of nowhere PA. My condolences.
I refer to it as South-Central; but my mom doesn't get it.

I say she lives on top of a mountain, she insists it's a 'hollah', only thing I know is that it takes me twenty minutes of zooming down backroads, dodging deer and cattle, to get to the nearest grocery store.

Reactions: Bg260 and lunatic59
Upvote 0
Hope it wasn't anything serious. Tell her to get well soon (the dishes are piling up in the sink :eek:) :)

No darnit they are not, I have been the consummate care taker, I have cooked, cleaned (even washed the windows o_O)

It was serious but not like end of the world serious. She had a cyst in her inner ear that had damaged her ear drum (about 70% gone) and her hearing mechanism and was causing great discomfort. They had to go in behind her ear and remove the cyst and repair her eardrum. In 9 months she has to do the whole thing over again so they can go in and place titanium hearing bone prosthetics and repair her hearing. It's a gnarly incision behind her ear they had to cut muscle and some bone. So it's been rough on her. But she's a trooper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones