• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The little things...(2.2 Update addons/changes)

Gee, Verizon, thanks for the useless bloatware! VZ Navigator- as if Google Maps Nav wasn't enough. GMN is free, and very good. Now we also have VZ Nav, which costs $10/month to use. Why? Why force that on our phones when we have a better choice already there? I can understand having it in the marketplace, but to uninstall it, I gotta root and void my warranty? This is the only thing I'm not pleased with about the update, especially since I have to be careful not to check-mark the VZ box in location.

What do all of you think about this app?

+1!

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed a change with the HTC calendar widget in re: editing? I used it in 2.1 and it worked fine, and I like the fact that my FB birthday reminders are now added to the new widget, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to edit an entry now - there's no button to do so. Any help?

Does that work with FB for HTC Sense only or Facebook for Android as well?

Upvote 0
FINALLY they increased the optical pad scrolling sensitivity with Froyo 2.2 we can all rejoice now!!!

With Froyo 2.2 I can now scroll twice as many positions per average swipe. With 2.1 it was so painful to use since you were only able to move locations 1-2 positions with an average finger swipe. Now I can easily do 4 positions per average swipe and even better they builtin acceleration when you swipe fast down long lists.

Thank you HTC!

Reactions: crazydog
Upvote 0
Received 2.2 OTA this morning, now everytime I open my Gmail it automatically opens the first message in the list, this didn't happen on 2.1 and I don't see a setting for this. Anyone else notice this or know how to make Gmail open to my list of emails instead of opening the first email in the list?

That happened for me on 2.1, still doing it on 2.2. :(

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me how to look up info like, CPU, what's running, etc, without a 3rd party application?? Ppl keep making references to "things running in froyo" and I have no clue how to even check it.

Also, I totally DON'T like the new way it shows the incoming caller id...it has a scrolling line that displays their fb status that runs along the bottom of the pic..WAY TOOOO busy and toooo distracting when receiving the call. Is there a way to remove this? For that matter, is there a way for me to NOT show a pic on incoming calls, period, just show names and numbers??

Upvote 0
Can u pls explain what is BUMP and OFF, CHARGE?? Sorry for the noob question but I keep hearing references and have NO idea what they are..Thanks!

<cry> Had a nice long reply nearly finished and my computer crashed. At least chrome saved the quote part, just gotta retype everything now:)

Anyways:

Bump charge is when, after the charge light turns green, you unplug and plug in the phone several times "bumping" the charge up. Some people claim as much as 40 more minutes of charging. I and others don't get any additional time. Theres 2 possibilities, either the people it works have a bug that is not allowing their phone to reach a true full charge, or they have a bug allowing them to over-charge and damage their battery.

Off Charge is charging the phone while it is off. You can turn it off when the light goes green, or just turn it off when you start the charge ( which will actually charge the phone faster as the phone is not using some of the power from the charge to keep itself running. ) This method has to do with the way Li-Ion batteries work, and is a hardware limit of the battery technology itself.

I'm screwed then bc my phone is constantly on the car charger...I never know when I'm going to be out of touch with a charger so keeping it as close to 100% is my goal :(

Yea, you will probably be replacing your battery in about a year doing that, else you will have a lowered charge on your battery ( which sort of defeats the purpose since you are in need of the full charge at all times... ) Not much I can say there really if it's what you need to do.

Without adding a 3rd party application, how can you find this information (i.e. The CPU time, what's running, etc) U mentioned System Panel but where is that??

System panel is an app. The native ways to get to that information is a bit rough. Though, anything that drains enough battery to show on your battery use will have CPU time listed. ( menu -> settings -> about phone -> battery -> battery use -> click on the app in question. )

Much easier to just get system panel lite though for this:)

Reactions: izzy35
Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed a change with the HTC calendar widget in re: editing? I used it in 2.1 and it worked fine, and I like the fact that my FB birthday reminders are now added to the new widget, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to edit an entry now - there's no button to do so. Any help?

From day view select and hold the agenda or appointment item you want to edit, you'll get a pop up screen to then select edit. You can't edit the agenda item itself after you open it.

All my calendars now loaded onto one calendar, which is kinda cool... I think. I don't think I need the Facebook one, but both gmail calendars, bus and personal, now load into one on the HTC app.

Reactions: Amarah
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones