• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The little things...(2.2 Update addons/changes)

my quadrant jumped from 553 to a little over 1200.

has anyone noticed a lag in the browser?
it lags behind my finger waaayyy more than before.
its annoying.

also, when watching a flash video
after holding my finger on the video to go full screen the full screen pop up has changed.

i've noticed a little bit of browser scroll lag, its just enough to be annoying

Upvote 0
[FONT=&quot]Dial ##7764726[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hit Call[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Type Password is 000000[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hit Feature Settings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Choose CD ROM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Click Disable[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)[/FONT]

I did this, hopefully it worked. Will check when I get home.

Upvote 0
I use Delete Old Messages - I tried running SMS Quick Delete overnght and it didn't do anything. Delete Old Messages got rid of some 9000 messages overnight - plus it has a status bar that updates as it goes so you know it's actually doing something.

Delete old messages - Android app on AppBrain

chart

the free version is almost worthless

Upvote 0
Kinda on topic but kinda off... but I lost all my pic/music/ringtones off my S.D. card only to find out 2-3 weeks later that it was all somehow backed up on my Mac Book, folder organization and all... I'm not mad by far but is their something I'm missing?

I always used my Mac to organize my S.D. but I never backed it up with it.

Maybe the pictures sync-ed to iPhoto & the music & ringtones to iTunes? That's the only thing I could think of.

Upvote 0
Does the update make the brightness on the soft keys (home, menu, back, search) configurable or make it possible for these to be turned off in low light situations? My biggest complaint about the Incredible is that those lights are so damn bright. I often wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep so I try to read something on my Inc and I get blinded. Turning the brightness all the way down does not fix this problem.

this is the main reason i wanted root. root your phone and download "leds hack" from the marketplace. it'll let you turn the bottom lights on and off. i have them off 24/7

Upvote 0
Just tried it an it didnt work anyway :(

CORRECTION!! It's working now :) after making the changes the phone re-booted and 3g hotspot was on by default, tried to connect but no luck. I then turned off 3g hotspot and restarted, tried to connect, took a minute or two for authorizing the connection and now im on my pc, typing this and connected using my incredible. As far as getting caught, I honestly dont have a need for it but might decide to purchase a iPad (Still on the fence) at which point i may have to worry about Big Red billing me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones