• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The unofficial "I reserved @ Radio Shack" Thread

Yea I just called the Best Buy Mobile near my house and he's looking at 10 boxes first come first serve Sunday. I'm gonna go ahead and pick up the Inspire for $99 and test drive it for 30 days until the Atrix comes out. The store rep said I can return it to Best Buy within the allotted time, only difference from AT&T is that I don't have to deal with a rebate.

So 9am Sunday morning I'm there.

Upvote 0
Yea I just called the Best Buy Mobile near my house and he's looking at 10 boxes first come first serve Sunday. I'm gonna go ahead and pick up the Inspire for $99 and test drive it for 30 days until the Atrix comes out. The store rep said I can return it to Best Buy within the allotted time, only difference from AT&T is that I don't have to deal with a rebate.

So 9am Sunday morning I'm there.

I hope inspire wins you over hahahaha

Upvote 0
I was at Radio Shack at 10:05, a few minutes after they opened. A scant 75 minutes later (sigh), I finally have my Inspire.

Some points:

Although AT&T is listing the price at $399, Radio Shack is selling it for $449. I even had the guy call the District Manager. No go on the lower price. Considering the $30 accessories card, it's kinda only $20 more...plus I have it in my grubby hands.

The $30 accessories cards were "not on hand". He gave me a $30 gift card instead. So, I think I'll get my accessories somewhere else and just use the card on something else down the road.

I let the guy take care of the doors. He snapped the SIM/SD door in half! Without even having to complain, he went and got a new one from another phone.

I'm glad to be out of there. I won't be ordering any big ticket items from them in the future.

Upvote 0
I was at Radio Shack at 10:05, a few minutes after they opened. A scant 75 minutes later (sigh), I finally have my Inspire.

Some points:

Although AT&T is listing the price at $399, Radio Shack is selling it for $449. I even had the guy call the District Manager. No go on the lower price. Considering the $30 accessories card, it's kinda only $20 more...plus I have it in my grubby hands.

The $30 accessories cards were "not on hand". He gave me a $30 gift card instead. So, I think I'll get my accessories somewhere else and just use the card on something else down the road.

I let the guy take care of the doors. He snapped the SIM/SD door in half! Without even having to complain, he went and got a new one from another phone.

I'm glad to be out of there. I won't be ordering any big ticket items from them in the future.

Yesterday I went to costco and brought the phone for $80. They also gave me car charger, headphones and carry pouch as a bundle (free). The $50 gift card that was locked with RS for the pre order i used to get lifetime map update service for my gps.
Never again will I make any advance bookings in RS

Upvote 0
I got mine around 10:15-10:30. Yep, some hassles with the battery door but mostly the guy was really pleasant to work with and got me set up with relatively low hassle. I don't regret pre-ordering there but I think I was the only one so I didn't really need to do that :) I also got a car charger with the accessory credit. Phone is next to me charging up as we speak!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones