• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

An Open Plea to Samsung's Mobile Division

Jack45

Android Expert
Jul 13, 2010
Be honest with your customers. We're big boys and girls (for the most part) and can handle the truth.

- GPS problem. Cause? Will the problem be fixed? If yes, when?
- Random shutdowns. Cause? Will the problem be fixed? If yes, when?
- Froyo. When?
- Gingerbread. A possibility? If yes, approximately when?
Etc.

Adopting a culture of honesty will begin to win back your detractors and go a long way towards polishing your tarnished image. Honesty will entice existing customers to become loyal and will attract new legions of buyers impressed by your transparency.

In one word...

Reactions: clipperpimp
as for gingerbread, this seems likely
hy Samsung Will Never Update Galaxy S to Gingerbread

File under: News
By: Anton D. Nagy | 9:10 AM 9-Dec-10 | 23 Comments
samsung-galaxy-s-i9000.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S is one of the most popular Android devices ever launched and most definitely one of the most successful Samsung models ever. The model was a best seller in both its original shape as well as carrier variants worldwide (and in the U.S. as T-Mobile Vibrant, AT&T Captivate, Verizon Fascinate, Sprint Epic 4G).

One of the Galaxy S' biggest flaws was that it was launched with Android 2.1

Upvote 0
as for gingerbread, this seems likely
hy Samsung Will Never Update Galaxy S to Gingerbread

File under: News
By: Anton D. Nagy | 9:10 AM 9-Dec-10 | 23 Comments
samsung-galaxy-s-i9000.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S is one of the most popular Android devices ever launched and most definitely one of the most successful Samsung models ever. The model was a best seller in both its original shape as well as carrier variants worldwide (and in the U.S. as T-Mobile Vibrant, AT&T Captivate, Verizon Fascinate, Sprint Epic 4G).

One of the Galaxy S' biggest flaws was that it was launched ruth Android 2.1

Upvote 0
Bad article.

1) Nexus S is not available in all carriers. In the US it is available on the smallest nationwide carrier whereas the galaxy S is available on at least 5 carriers here.

2) Samsung stated that they aim to sell 40 millions galaxy S in 2011.

3) highly unlikely to find a device that has received 2 waves of OS update versions? Hello, look at the iPhone... My goodness, this article is so off...

Upvote 0
Bad article.

1) Nexus S is not available in all carriers. In the US it is available on the smallest nationwide carrier whereas the galaxy S is available on at least 5 carriers here.

2) Samsung stated that they aim to sell 40 millions galaxy S in 2011.

3) highly unlikely to find a device that has received 2 waves of OS update versions? Hello, look at the iPhone... My goodness, this article is so off...

1. The article was referring to the galaxy s being available to all carriers.
3. Your right.....it's unlikely for a phone to get two major os updates

Upvote 0
I'm not a business strategist, but there seems to be an easy solution to the problem of deterring sales from the Nexus S due to gingerbread on the Galaxy S. Delay the announcement of gingerbread on Galaxy S phone/variants. I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung bites its tongue for the next month or two. I mean, look how long its taking us to just to get Froyo! Also, Samsung is being extremely secretive as to when we can expect it and whats taking so long. I believe samsung will continue to follow suit with gingerbread. I think IF we get gingerbread, it won't be until the spring/summer time.

Upvote 0
3. Your right.....it's unlikely for a phone to get two major os updates

Major updates I agree with. 2.1 to 2.2 is a MINOR update. 2.1 to 3.0 would be a major update. However, I agree that our phones will not receive an official 2.3 update. I am banking on XDA keeping our phones up to date for another year, via cooked Nexus S roms.

Upvote 0
I can tell Samsung this much for sure, I bout an Epic, my father in-law bout one, and my wife got an Intercept. This was the first time that we had bout Samsung phones.
This will be the last time as well.
We are all going back to HTC.

Lack of updates, Lack of info on when/if they are going fix MAJOR problems with the phones and a total lack of giving a crap about there customers has left a vary bad taste in our mouths.

Samsung you need to get your crap together. You need to fire your PR department and get some in there that knows what they are doing and you need to get some one to head up your software division that has an understanding of the concept of a deadline!

If you can manage to fix these problems you may be able to get some customers back. If not....... Well there are other company's out there that want to sell me a phone!

Reactions: clipperpimp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones