• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Carriers?

androidfonefan

Aug 4, 2011
I was just wondering why StraightTalk is not in the Android Carrier section. It is a MVNO but there are other MVNOs in that section. And ST is probably one of the Largest MVNOs serving the in the US right now.
Just wondered why it is not there.

Here are the carriers/providers in the section.

O2
T-Mobile
AT&T
Optus
Telstra
Bell Mobility- Canada
Orange
TELUS
Boost Mobile
Page Plus Cellular
US Cellular
Cellcom Israel
Republic Wireless
Verizon
Cincinnati Bell
Rogers
Videotron
C Spire Wireless
Sasktel Mobility
Virgin Mobile
Cricket
Simple Mobile
Vodafone
Metro PCS
Sprint

Many of these are MVNOs and few are as large as ST or it parent company which is not in the list either.

A lot. Did a google search on android carriers and found a list about 4+times larger than the one above. Most I had never heard of, but ST is well known and has 4 androids and hopefully one on the way. And if you count the countless android phones that can be added through the BYOD sim plan........ But let's just count the ones they do sell.
3 models at the stores and the Optimus black on line and maybe the Optimus 2x some day.
Just seems like ST should be in the list and have a section as well. Just sayin.

Upvote 0
Wow!.....................ok.
Well if it is not too much, could you add a America Movil Section and two subsections, One for Straight Talk and the other for Net10. Net10 is another division of AM and they also sell Android Phones. Or make it a AmericaMovil/StraightTalk/Net10 section. Something that has all three in the title so that posters know all three are posted here and with a note that if you are posting about ST to note it in the post, or NT the same.
Just however you want to do it, but those two would be nice.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Well we already have Straight Talk. If I just added Net10 would that work - do they need the AM parent company?

Not really. Can you provide a link to the ST forum, I have looked for it and can't find it. I guess I'm blind.

Just realized my response was not clear. Just adding Net10 would be great. What I meant in my first response was that adding a AM section was not really needed. The Net ten and ST areas cover the only two MVNOs that AM have that serve the US and carry android phones so if we had then it would cover all the bases. Sorry I was not clearer.
Hope we can still get the N10 section.
Thanks.
Also ... I found the ST section.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones