1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Android Carriers?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by androidfonefan, Apr 14, 2012.

1. androidfonefan

androidfonefan Well-Known Member

I was just wondering why StraightTalk is not in the Android Carrier section. It is a MVNO but there are other MVNOs in that section. And ST is probably one of the Largest MVNOs serving the in the US right now.
    Just wondered why it is not there.

Here are the carriers/providers in the section.

O2
    T-Mobile
    AT&T
    Optus
    Telstra
    Bell Mobility- Canada
    Orange
    TELUS
    Boost Mobile
    Page Plus Cellular
    US Cellular
    Cellcom Israel
    Republic Wireless
    Verizon
    Cincinnati Bell
    Rogers
    Videotron
    C Spire Wireless
    Sasktel Mobility
    Virgin Mobile
    Cricket
    Simple Mobile
    Vodafone
    Metro PCS
    Sprint

Many of these are MVNOs and few are as large as ST or it parent company which is not in the list either.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Hi .Moved ,your post to the Suggestions section for appropriate response. :D

3. androidfonefan

Thanks, on the big forums I never know where to start threads half the time, and on some forums it is near impossible to know where to start one.

4. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

What all carriers are missing, that you now of?

5. androidfonefan

A lot. Did a google search on android carriers and found a list about 4+times larger than the one above. Most I had never heard of, but ST is well known and has 4 androids and hopefully one on the way. And if you count the countless android phones that can be added through the BYOD sim plan........ But let's just count the ones they do sell.
    3 models at the stores and the Optimus black on line and maybe the Optimus 2x some day.
    Just seems like ST should be in the list and have a section as well. Just sayin.

6. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

Tell me what carrier(s) you would like added, and I'll add them :) Most carrier forums are added on request.

7. androidfonefan

Wow!.....................ok.
    Well if it is not too much, could you add a America Movil Section and two subsections, One for Straight Talk and the other for Net10. Net10 is another division of AM and they also sell Android Phones. Or make it a AmericaMovil/StraightTalk/Net10 section. Something that has all three in the title so that posters know all three are posted here and with a note that if you are posting about ST to note it in the post, or NT the same.
    Just however you want to do it, but those two would be nice.
    Thanks

8. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

Well we already have Straight Talk. If I just added Net10 would that work - do they need the AM parent company?

9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Could we maybe add some UK carriers too? Two that spring to mind are Tesco and Giff Gaff. They're not their own networks per s

10. androidfonefan

Not really. Can you provide a link to the ST forum, I have looked for it and can't find it. I guess I'm blind.

Just realized my response was not clear. Just adding Net10 would be great. What I meant in my first response was that adding a AM section was not really needed. The Net ten and ST areas cover the only two MVNOs that AM have that serve the US and carry android phones so if we had then it would cover all the bases. Sorry I was not clearer.
    Hope we can still get the N10 section.
    Thanks.
    Also ... I found the ST section.