• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Brick...? help please.

Hi guys. I'm new to this board. I too used ROM Manager on my rooted LG Optimus C and now it's bricked :( I posted a message to joneidy, hope he can help. Out off all the posts I can be posting as a new user, it came down to this, my very first post in here. I feel so low right now. In short, after using ROM Manager to attempt to backup my phone, thats what it happen......Phone reboot on me and the first screen that popped up was the LG logo, and that was it.

Took the battery out and then back in and used the button combo's used for this phone and all it does is hang at the LG logo. Both my Linux and Windows no longer sees this phone when plugged into my USB port. I went through most of the posts on this site and most of the users but for a few all have USB working. Unless there is another way to get a recovery or boot loader installed without using the USB, I'm afraid my phone my be gone forever.

Either way, I found a lot of helpful things in the android forums here.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I'm new to this board. I too used ROM Manager on my rooted LG Optimus C and now it's bricked :( I posted a message to joneidy, hope he can help. Out off all the posts I can be posting as a new user, it came down to this, my very first post in here. I feel so low right now. In short, after using ROM Manager to attempt to backup my phone, thats what it happen......Phone reboot on me and the first screen that popped up was the LG logo, and that was it.

Took the battery out and then back in and used the button combo's used for this phone and all it does is hang at the LG logo. Both my Linux and Windows no longer sees this phone when plugged into my USB port. I went through most of the posts on this site and most of the users but for a few all have USB working. Unless there is another way to get a recovery or boot loader installed without using the USB, I'm afraid my phone my be gone forever.

Either way, I found a lot of helpful things in the android forums here.
http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/364080-unbrick-phone-lg-screen.html
Try that while you wait.

Reactions: Hexley
Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I think my LG Optimus C is really screwed. Jabbawest, I tried a few of your suggestions and went to the links provided on Unbrick Phone from LG Screen by joneidy, and I failed to get my phone to be recognized by my computers USB. So again, thank you for taking the time in passing on some links for me to try out.

I went ahead and reinstalled LGNPST and the required software again, including all drivers needed for a flash update. I got my phone into S/W Update mode and still both the software and my computer will not see this phone.

So I decided to barrow a friends phone whom has a LG like mine and plugged it into my computer, and right away, both windows and the LGNPST software kicked into action and saw his phone. I then removed his phone and plugged in mine and nothing. I am now convinced I did install LGNPST correctly and confirmed the drivers are working as should. But I'm still at a lost as to why my Optimus C is not being seen.

Nothing was done to the phone other than attempting to make a backup ROM using ROM Manager. At this point I am about to give up and just admit defeat, unless there is another way like maybe copying a ZIP image or something onto the microSD card and the phone would automatically fix itself. Is there such of a thing??

If anyone has any ideas, please pass them on. :(

Upvote 0
Having the Optimus C, you'd need different files. The files provided are specifically for the Optimus M. Is there a DLL available for the Optimus C? Is your friend using the Optimus C as well or is it the Optimus M?

I was able to find the Optimus C.files and USB drivers and followed the how too, but I used software for my phone I got from another site. My friend who allowed me to hook his phone up to my computer also has a Optimus C. My only guess is that the USB is software depended in the phone. But I could be wrong.

When talking to LG tech support, I got the impression that all LG repair service has to do is re-flash my phone, but after getting a price quote over the phone, I decided I can just buy a new phone. I suspect my phone's boot file was over written and that is why it's stuck at the LG logo.

I was reading some were today that some people were able to do full updates by copying a BIN or ZIP file to the phones microSD card and doing a button combo and the phone would read that file. So I placed an on-line order for a microSD flash card reader and going to try it.

Upvote 0
Good news. I was able to flash my LG Optimus C back to a stock Froyo 2.2.1 ROM. I had to use a utility called, "KP500-Utils-EN-v0.4.2" -- I also had to install the LG update tool provided on the LG support web site and download the correct drivers for the Optimus C. After trial and error 5 or 6 times, I was able to get this phone backup and running again.

Thanks to those in the room that messaged me on pointers and links. It helped me out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones