• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flash 10.1 for Android 2.1 :)

Folks, unless you do not have Flash (Nexus, Droid) this app is (as a programming teacher told me in my undergrad days) CWOT- Complete Waste Of Time.

It is a repack of Flash Lite 4 and an older version at that. Test your Flash version before and after installing ;) Still shows 10.1, but earlier rev number.

Are you sure? Flash Lite doesn't allow you to do full screen and many flv players don't work with Flash Lite. This has all the hallmarks of what I've seen from the Adobe youtube/presentation. YOu can click, double click to go full screen which Flash Lite didn't allow you to.

Maybe it is a combination of both but it is definitely NOT a repackaged Flash Lite. I even test..

When I go to Adobe - Flash Player
It says on the Adobe website (autodetecting),
You have 10,1,123,391 installed.

Upvote 0
If you guys have any doubt, go to the adobe flash software about website to determine which version you have...

Adobe - Flash Player

Attachments

• flash_android.jpg
    flash_android.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0
Well, here is the deal.

I installed the flash on my phone and i noticed some sites were loading fine and some were not. I unninstalled flash and i got the same results. I played some silly games with and without the "flash" installed, i loaded my website flashed based and was able to listen to the songs on it the same way, the sites with video didnt play the videos, i guess this flash only helps phones without flash lite, for us inc owners is about the same.

Upvote 0
Are you sure? Flash Lite doesn't allow you to do full screen and many flv players don't work with Flash Lite. This has all the hallmarks of what I've seen from the Adobe youtube/presentation. YOu can click, double click to go full screen which Flash Lite didn't allow you to.

Maybe it is a combination of both but it is definitely NOT a repackaged Flash Lite. I even test..

When I go to Adobe - Flash Player
It says on the Adobe website (autodetecting),
You have 10,1,123,391 installed.

I have the Inc and Flash Lite 4, that the device came with and with Dolphin HD, double tap makes both games and video play in full screen. I always found the stock browser less functional with Flash (compared to Dolphin HD)- as I have posted in other threads a few weeks ago. Dolphin HD works better with Flash Lite 4 :)

Upvote 0
well after more tests, some work some don't, so uninstalled and still some work and some don't. -.-

Looks like it is the exact same version we already have...

Ive deleted the video to stop future confusion.

Yep. After more testing looks like it will be good for phones such as the Droid which have nothing, but for us...looks like it pretty much sums up what we already have.

My apologies on the OP. Thought it would be more than it is. :(

Upvote 0
what websites that show full episodes of good tv shows actually work?

not a single one that i tried so far. they work in skyfire, but not the stock browser.

CBS TV Network Primetime, Daytime, Late Night and Classic Television Shows worked for me, even using the stock flash player that came with the phone, I watched the show How I met your mother there earlier.

It says its not recognized by the the flash version, and then run fine there after.

Just to let ya know :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones