• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Fix Samsung Galaxy Y brick phone using Odin v1.85 also fixes bootloops

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> PDA_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> GT-S5360-MULTI-CSC-ODDLA1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..

hey me too........ waited for nothing...... repeated over and over and still nothing.......

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am new to this blog and i request all the users to kindly provide the solution for the below.

While Expanding the RAM size by applying the Skin 1980(which is for 5360) my phone went to dead state now i am not able to recover my phone odin mode and recovery mode is not working , even i tried to visit so many service centers in delhi to rectify the same by flashing but unfortunately no one did it.

When i connect mobile to system it is showing new hardware found USB DEVICE but not able to switch on and download mode.

Help me to get ride of this problem.

Upvote 0
Hi Presidente ,

I had done the same type of rooting previously but at that time one of the service center was able to recover, when i had contacted them they said it is possible. i just want to know that how this guy alone is able to repair.

some solution might be available, i am not able to get the same as i am very new to andriod.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hello. AgentHacker here.

If you can't See a yellow box. You need to reinstall your usb drivers, Uninstall / reinstall kies or download the appropriate USB Mobile Driver For your Galaxy. You can also try in different Computers or Different Ports.

The Firmware used in the instructions is outdated. After you flash this Immediately get an update.

If you can't go to download it means your Galaxy Y is bricked. You need to take that in the Repair Service.

If you have any questions Don't hesitate to ask. By the way, Im not using Galaxy Y anymore. But I'll try to help. Thank you! and im glad that this remained sticky for almost 3 years. thanksS!!

-AgentHacker

Upvote 0
Steps How to Unbrick your galaxy y (SoftBrick)
1.Download Odin V1.85 on your Computer Odin3-v1.85.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
2.Download S5360DDLA1 Android AdvicesGalaxy Y S5360 - Steps to Install Official Global Gingerbread DDLA1 2.3.6 Firmware
After you Install it Extract the Odin on your computer and Click Odin v1.85 and After you downloaded your original firmware, extract it also to your computer..
3.After that shut down your phone and put it on download mode :)
4.Connect your Android Phone to your PC and Open Odin
5.And u will see a yellow box on the left side it means your phone is connected with the PC
6. Now click PIT and go to your extracted s5360 ddla1 and open that file and select totoro_0623.pit
7.same thing you do on Bootloader, PDA, Phone and CsC
8.now check if everything is done and press start ..
9.wait for the flashing to finish
10. If its finish do not unplugged the usb cable yet until rebooting is done
11. AND NOW..!! CONGRATSS!! YOU HAVE A NEW UNBRICKED PHONE :)
:cool: Click Thanks If I HELPED :D ;)
i cant find those file now in hotfile because hotfile doesn't opens plz help me :)

Upvote 0
can you upload all files in other download able sites ,as hotfile is not working plz upload the files in 4shared or any other sites man :)

1.Download Odin V1.85 on your Computer Odin3-v1.85.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
2.Download S5360DDLA1 Android AdvicesGalaxy Y S5360 - Steps to Install Official Global Gingerbread DDLA1 2.3.6 Firmware
After you Install it Extract the Odin on your computer and Click Odin v1.85 and After you downloaded your original firmware, extract it also to your computer..
5.And u will see a yellow box on the left side it means your phone is connected with the PC
6. Now click PIT and go to your extracted s5360 ddla1 and open that file and select totoro_0623.pit

Upvote 0
None of the files you've linked us are aviable for download anymore :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones