• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to go back to stock rom from FirstUA custom rom[TUT]

galaxyace152

Aug 17, 2011
India
I had faced a problem yesterday! I did not like the FirstUA rom because it had a bug which caused the phone to automatically shut down! So, I decided to flash my stock rom into my Ace with Odin. But after I flashed, it got bricked snd kept looping in the samsung boot screen. I tried reflashing several times but I had no success. But I somehow managed to restore the stock rom on my Ace! Here's how!

Flashing with Odin
Most of you may know how to flash with Odin! But if you don't know, click here: How To Update Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with Official Gingerbread 2.3.4 DDKQ6 Firmware | Android Advices

Going to recovery menu!
After you have flashed, you will have your phone bricked! But don't worry! Just pull the battery off! You now have to go to the recovery mode! You can access the recovery menu by powering on the phone while holding Power+Home buttons!
You will have a screen like this:
samsung+galaxy+Ace+wipe+data+cache.jpg

You will have to use the volume buttons to navigate and home button to select
What to do in recovery menu!
First of all, Go to Wipe Cache Partition and select it! After that, try to reinstall the firmware(Reinstalling firmware is not so necessary. But to avoid any problems, I recommend you to reinstall with Odin once more!)
Now Again you will have the loop! Now again go to recovery mode! Now, select wipe data/factory reset. The phone will reboot! Now you are done!
Enjoy your stock firmware!

Reactions: amit673
After you have flashed, you will have your phone bricked! But don't worry! Just pull the battery off! You now have to go to the recovery mode! You can access the recovery menu by powering on the phone while holding Power+Home buttons!

phone is not bricked... it just stays on the boot animation and the term used for this is a "Boot Loop". this happens since your old data still remains in the phone after you flash...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones