• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to unbrick???

flakito97

Android Expert
Sep 25, 2011
So I just got this phone today from a friend and the problem is it boots up to LG logo then boot loops. I hold vol +- and power and it goes to a black screen with white letters. Asking if I want to factory reset. I'm just trying to attempt and restore a stock system rom. Have it boot up. Then root and play games with.

Do you happen to know what software version is on the phone and if it's been updated? Look under the battery and you should see a white sticker that say zva, zvb, zvc, or zvd. If you have anything but zvd you'll be back bone stock in 25 minutes :D sounds like they tried to do a factory reset in the settings menu when it was rooted

I'm at work or id post links

Upvote 0
Your not bricked your in a bootloop flash exit recovery. The vol + _ then 3 okays later your in cwm

He's not stuck in recovery :D actually not even sure he has clockwork.... I actually did this once on my other esteem. Forgot I didn't install cwr but just root, and the stock recovery/factory reset failed over and over and over. I forgot how I fixed it but it took a long time.

Op- Go to LGs website and go to mobile phones then find the Esteem. You should see a link for software upgrade/usb drivers. Click it and then download the LG update tool. Install it, then turn the phone on and see if the tool sees your phone. It'll tell you what sw version you have and if you have the latest (zvd) if it says there's an update, and not that you already have the latest update, click update and it'll take about 20-30 minutes and it'll update you to the latest version and return you back to 100% stock and it'll boot right up ;)

Reactions: flakito97
Upvote 0
He's not stuck in recovery :D actually not even sure he has clockwork.... I actually did this once on my other esteem. Forgot I didn't install cwr but just root, and the stock recovery/factory reset failed over and over and over. I forgot how I fixed it but it took a long time.

Op- Go to LGs website and go to mobile phones then find the Esteem. You should see a link for software upgrade/usb drivers. Click it and then download the LG update tool. Install it, then turn the phone on and see if the tool sees your phone. It'll tell you what sw version you have and if you have the latest (zvd) if it says there's an update, and not that you already have the latest update, click update and it'll take about 20-30 minutes and it'll update you to the latest version and return you back to 100% stock and it'll boot right up ;)

It didnt work :(

Upvote 0
Yea and it goes thru the process but as soon as it finishes it says error and im back to point one where the lg logo pops up and it turns off and back on to where it bootloops....
got the same thing going on this phone just keep booting i was trying to get cwm and bam it frozen up and i think it was from the drivers but as i think if the drivers wasn't installed it shouldn't have ran the root boot and un boot :mad:and this lgpnst doesn't work anymore

Upvote 0
Here you go guy, I throught that, I had just bicked my phone (caught in boot loop). Only had it for two week and I've aready rooted it, installed #2 Rom and downloaded tons of apps. Thank god for this forum and YouTube.

Turn you phone off and while turning it back on hold both up and down volume while holding power button,as soon as the phone vibrates let go of power button,a cmd type of screen will come up let go of volume and use down volume (my touch screen was operational and the power botton made the selection) to go down to rest,then use the power button comfirm,good luck

Having a Backup on the SD card was the key.
Saved my ass.

P.S.
My phone is the LG-MS910, Rom was the #2 Rom and all it's support apps.The reset didn't work for the condition the phone was in. I had to reflash the #2 rom program to get back up. Hope this work for you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones