• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Interrupted Update Issue

My phone requested an update, so I started the update. The downloader bar stopped at barely 1/10, so I was wanting to stop the update and wait until a later time to do it. I guess I pressed the wrong button, because now, all my phone does is go to a page that reads
Android system recovery <3e>
Samsung Recovery Utils
-for BML-

Reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

E:pATH: /data/update_success
E:update file is backed up: Reportedted
#MANUAL MODE#

So I figure that the best way to fix this is to reset my phone, which I don't mind doing. I was trying to figure out the best way, because there is no other screen I can access besides this one. If anyone knows anything, I would be so appreciative. :)

My phone requested an update, so I started the update. The downloader bar stopped at barely 1/10, so I was wanting to stop the update and wait until a later time to do it. I guess I pressed the wrong button, because now, all my phone does is go to a page that reads
Android system recovery <3e>
Samsung Recovery Utils
-for BML-

Reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

E:pATH: /data/update_success
E:update file is backed up: Reportedted
#MANUAL MODE#

So I figure that the best way to fix this is to reset my phone, which I don't mind doing. I was trying to figure out the best way, because there is no other screen I can access besides this one. If anyone knows anything, I would be so appreciative. :)

You have to wipe your phone. Do the "whipe data/factory reset" option. If you haven't already figured it out, the volume up and down keys move through the menu and the menu softkey selects something. Either the menu softkey or the voice command button, I forget.

Reactions: HuskerLiz
Upvote 0
You have to wipe your phone. Do the "whipe data/factory reset" option. If you haven't already figured it out, the volume up and down keys move through the menu and the menu softkey selects something. Either the menu softkey or the voice command button, I forget.

I had this exact same problem this morning early. I'm a little confused as to why this happened. And more than a little angry than I am now having to spend a large portion of my morning getting my phone back to where I had it before.

So, why the upgrade that didn't work? I understand that you are the one who provided the help to get out of the "loop", but do you know what this upgrade was supposed to have done?

Upvote 0
HuskerLiz, a friend of mine had the same experience with this software update. Once you are in the Samsung Recovery Mode and the Reboot phone mode is highlighted (use the <Volume Up>, <Volume Down> key to scroll) click the <Voice Dial> button to activate the selection.

Note: <Voice Dial> is the button below the <Power On/Off>

There is no need to select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset mode for this software update but I would highly recommend Transform users who were on Android 2.1, (users who bought the phone after March 2011 and had Android 2.2 Froyo preloaded may not need to do so) originally, and who have not Hard Reset their phone and selected the Wipe Data/Factory Reset mode to return their phone to factory settings and a clean slate to do so for a better Transform experience as it allows you to reclaim cached System Data that is otherwise inaccessible for deletion and resolves issues you may be having with the phone. Please take note that you will lose your data and phone settings so backing up your data is imperative. SD card data will not be affected though I would back it up to a pc for best practice. Check out these links for reference:

Sprint Community: Samsung Transform HELP??

http://androidforums.com/samsung-transform/309252-my-non-root-tips-speed-up-transform-2-2-a.html

Finally, the android baseband version does not seem to change from EB28 to EF09 contrary to the Sprint Maintenance Blog information. Others have explained the change as a patch, hence EB28 remains as the baseband version. I assume the software update worked though I have not noticed any changes that I can verify and everyone's experience with the update so far (I haven't had my notification yet) has been ending up at the Recovery Mode with the Green Android icon and triangle with an exclamation point. Perhaps the update may not have actually worked though we have not heard anything else about it.

Btw, is your Transform running better now than before the Hard Reset?

Note: You'll also notice that you don't need to install a Sprint ID package after the hard reset if you don't want to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones