• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel]OptimusM OC stock 2.2.1

I think running battery calibration as soon as the phone hits 100% might be a bad idea. I ran it again this morning after it was at 100% for several hours, seems to be getting better battery life by far. 66% remaining after 12 hours and moderate use at times, even had the GPSon for awhile to clock the kids new electric bike.

The first battery calibration I ran on this kernel substantially decreased my battery life.

Upvote 0
So I've been working on getting my Nook Color stable at an overclock that most of the community has no trouble with.

Exactly like my Optimus, when using an OC kernel, my Nook randomly crashes and locks up even at stock clock rates.

Due to the exact same symptoms on two different platforms, I believe I must be running a program that is affected by the OC kernels we are using. I have narrowed it down to two suspects, but these are not verified. If anyone is using these, please let me know. It would also be helpful if you can tell me if you are experiencing any random lock-ups either idle or at load.

The programs in questions are:

1) Fancy Widget Pro
2) ADW Launcher EX

I've been running the Nook Color for over an hour now at the max OC for this kernel, 1.2 GHz, and no issues. I have yet to install either of those programs, amongst a few others. With the program, whichever it turns out to be, my Nook and Optimus crash several times an hour at worst or once an hour at best. This is the longest I've been able to run the Nook all day without a crash. watch it crash right now...

Hope to find the culprit and rejoin you guys in the OC club.

Upvote 0
just finished messing with my friend's optimus m. loaded cm7 and i put the r.O.C.K-v0.3-AnyROM.zip on there. using cpu master i don't get a reboot at 806.4. anything higher was almost immediate reboot. the 825 one sat there for a bit though before a reboot. the only thing i have an issue with so far is when the screen darkens after sitting doing nothing for a bit i can't get it back on. i have to pull the battery. anyone else have this issue? not sure if it's this kernal or the cm7 or????

Upvote 0
Did you go to settings>cyanogenmod settings>Display and unchecked both on/off animations.

Also from standby sometimes it lags a little if I just swype my finger across the screen it comes up

So I've been working on getting my Nook Color stable at an overclock that most of the community has no trouble with.

Exactly like my Optimus, when using an OC kernel, my Nook randomly crashes and locks up even at stock clock rates.

Due to the exact same symptoms on two different platforms, I believe I must be running a program that is affected by the OC kernels we are using. I have narrowed it down to two suspects, but these are not verified. If anyone is using these, please let me know. It would also be helpful if you can tell me if you are experiencing any random lock-ups either idle or at load.

The programs in questions are:

1) Fancy Widget Pro
2) ADW Launcher EX

I've been running the Nook Color for over an hour now at the max OC for this kernel, 1.2 GHz, and no issues. I have yet to install either of those programs, amongst a few others. With the program, whichever it turns out to be, my Nook and Optimus crash several times an hour at worst or once an hour at best. This is the longest I've been able to run the Nook all day without a crash. watch it crash right now...

Hope to find the culprit and rejoin you guys in the OC club.

I have not had an issue with adw launcher ex.

Reactions: allmanallpimp
Upvote 0
Not sure why, but ADW EX now has a huge red flag on it for me. I don't think this program alone is responsible, but I'm going to guess that whatever else I'm running is having an affect on ADW with the new kernels (kernels on both my optimus and nook). Maybe it's even just a setting I have enabled...

Regardless, I took ADW EX off the Nook, and I can't crash it now while trying. Or at least, I haven't been able to reproduce a crash with Pandora and Market, which has crashed it just about every time. Getting ready to try on the Optimus.

Upvote 0
If you want to request a thread for sticky just click on the Report button ithe OP and for the reason put request for sticky
^this:D

Or if this is a consensus then just respond to this post. Also the OP has a say in this as well. Its no big deal but chances are one of the current stickies would need to come down if this on is deemed to be sticky worthy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones