• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel] ZVA_Kernels-Speed & Stock

LDrifta

No Stranger 2 Danger
Jun 7, 2011
Lynn, MA
ok, mainly im doing this for the ATR Guide update, but i DO plan on adding the stock/rooted zva & an OC's ZVA kernel in this thread :D

as for now im just gonna provide the speed kernel that is found in #2 rom, basically stock/rooted with minfree value tweaks :D

Download Links:
ZVA_Stock_Root_Kernel

-Stock
-Rooted
-Busybox
-Busybox run-parts

LD-ZVA_Speed_Kernel

-Stock
-Rooted
-Busybox
-Busybox run-parts
-MINFREE VALUES:

FOREGROUND_APP_MEM=2048
VISIBLE_APP_MEM=3072
PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM=4096
HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM=4096
SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM=6144
BACKUP_APP_MEM=6144
HOME_APP_MEM=6144
HIDDEN_APP_MEM=7168
EMPTY_APP_MEM=8192

3 Coming Soon...

Hey Idrifta wanted to ask, if you would know how is the battery life with this kernel compared to stock. Well you dont have the phone lol, but let from user review if you have ideas. Let me know please wanna give this a try.
honestly you would be able to answer that question better than i could LOL.. it's the provided kernel with #2 Rom so just read the reviews on OP i gues.. some say good and some say bad.. only 1 way to find out ;)

Upvote 0
niceee :D it's bedtime for me so i may not see your reply in time but i hope it works LOL make sure you have a copy of speed kernel on your sd just incase ;)
Ok, first I tried to flash it right over #2 but after it rebooted I looked in Settings>About Phone and it still showed that I had #2 installed, So then I put a copy of the speed kernel on my sd card and then I used LD-Easy_Wipe_Full before flashing ZVA_Stock_Root_Kernel and it gets stuck on the LG screen.

Upvote 0
Ok, first I tried to flash it right over #2 but after it rebooted I looked in Settings>About Phone and it still showed that I had #2 installed, So then I put a copy of the speed kernel on my sd card and then I used LD-Easy_Wipe_Full before flashing ZVA_Stock_Root_Kernel and it gets stuck on the LG screen.
LOL i knew this would happen... gotta read the instructions bro.. the easywipe (FULL) cleans out your system folder on device, leaving you with no rom to boot LOL, and the way to check kernel is in about phone "kernel version" NOT "Build Number" LOL i appreciate it though thanks man!!

Upvote 0
LOL i knew this would happen... gotta read the instructions bro.. the easywipe (FULL) cleans out your system folder on device, leaving you with no rom to boot LOL, and the way to check kernel is in about phone "kernel version" NOT "Build Number" LOL i appreciate it though thanks man!!

Damn it... I got this thread and the stock deodexed rom mixed up, I thought I was testing the stock rom u were doing with pg (palm 2face) horrible!!! I thought I was losing my mind, I'm like wtf why is it still showing #2rom after I flash, Lmmfao wow.... I wonder else I didn't pay attention to at work :D

Upvote 0
Damn it... I got this thread and the stock deodexed rom mixed up, I thought I was testing the stock rom u were doing with pg (palm 2face) horrible!!! I thought I was losing my mind, I'm like wtf why is it still showing #2rom after I flash, Lmmfao wow.... I wonder else I didn't pay attention to at work :D
LOLOL haha it all good man :D we all done it at least once haha, im pusghing a seond test of the stock/de-odex if you like to test it? LOL

Upvote 0
has anyone tested the stock/rooted kernel yet? i just need to know if it works LOL

ok I'm testing the stock/rooted kernel right now and so far the wifi doesnt work.It has an "error" message under wifi and when I try to turn wifi on under setting nothing happens. so I tried wiping cache and dalvik cache but wifi is still doesn't work on my phone. right now I'm using the stock/rooted zva rom.

Upvote 0
ok I'm testing the stock/rooted kernel right now and so far the wifi doesnt work.It has an "error" message under wifi and when I try to turn wifi on under setting nothing happens. so I tried wiping cache and dalvik cache but wifi is still doesn't work on my phone. right now I'm using the stock/rooted zva rom.
did you flash the zip or just replace the boot.img? i may need to recompile the modules

Upvote 0
dammit forgot about this too :( lol sorry.. need to re-build it.. probly forgot something when i did the first stock one :D

Actually he was doing that for me so I could find the thread. Your kernel is pretty popular, so it looks like it is being used for CyanogenMod. If you don't mind that is

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones