• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root lg updater tool killed my phone!

um... off subject somewhat, but ive dropped phones while on the charger, and the battery popped out, and the phone stays on. my ascend will boot on with no battery, just charger/cpu connected, im pretty sure the same goes for the esteem.

to the op, i assume you didnt get metro insurance, hence why your hitting up lg? otherwise take it to your closest metro and throw it in their face (only if they deny you for any reason) because if noone here can get it going, metro sure as hell wont be able to.... (last resort) and if they do get it booted and find out its rooted, tell them you got no clue wtf happened, it came like that. metro has been dealing out ALOT of refurbished ones lately, trying to pass as new (in my area) as a friend and myself went to go get him one, and super user was installed XD.
if you need help going that route, im sure everyone here will help you out on what to say.

Upvote 0
There is no way for anyone to know that his device is rooted due to the fact that his device can not boot up until reflashed using the LG Update Tool which WILL wipe everything on his device because of it being in Emergency Mode. If he can get it to power on through the USB Data Cable connected to the computer and see the "Download Is In Progress" screen then he is good to go to get it back up and running. There is no need to contact LG on this matter. Getting the device to be powered on will take a little bit and numerous tries through the USB Data Cable but believe me, I know this will work and I know this is the problem. Hopefully he returns to the forums and is able to contact me so I can get his device back up and running.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones