• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Liberty 1.5 is here - get in here

hmmmmmmmm....

1.) Using Launcher Pro (i like it the best), when i try to go into wallpapers all i get is a force close?
2.) This rom STILL does not allow me to back up my contacts with VZW. I lost some contacts in both favorites and in my contact list.

Any answers for this? It is a deal breaker for me :(:(
Have gone back to my other rom for now.

Lenny

Upvote 0
hmmmmmmmm....

1.) Using Launcher Pro (i like it the best), when i try to go into wallpapers all i get is a force close?
2.) This rom STILL does not allow me to back up my contacts with VZW. I lost some contacts in both favorites and in my contact list.

Any answers for this? It is a deal breaker for me :(:(
Have gone back to my other rom for now.

Lenny

Back up with your Google account!

Upvote 0
I am assuming that this mod retains the vanilla android phone.apk? ...the one that doesn't work well in landscape mode?

I have Liberty 1.0 installed and the dialer is the only thing about it that I can't stand.

I have Dialer One from the Market, but I can't get it to be the default dialer when I am in Contacts, and click to call someone...it wants to use the android dialer.

Is there anyone out there that actually PREFERS the Android dialer???? I just can't imagine!

Thanks!
Kevro

I can't stand that dialer either because I put it in my car dock and I get a sideways view of everyone I talk to. Minor annoyance but one I'd like to be able to fix.

Upvote 0
Well Libery 1.5 and Go Launcher EX do not play well together, after a reboot some of the widgets are gone and others are laying on top of other widgets.

snap20110204_113737.png

Edit: In the amount of time it took me to post this, and without another reboot, everything went back to where it belongs.

Upvote 0
Well I am on apex now just for starters and as of now its looking like no zips what so ever will download to my phone I keep getting web site is down notifacation.

Type about:debug in the address bar of your browser and press enter. Then go into your browser settings, scroll to the bottom, select UAString and choose "desktop". See if that helps.

Upvote 0
I posted about this last night, but no one replied. Was wondering if someone else can try this.

Is anyone having notification problems in the drop down bar? I'm having one with voice mail which sucks. You know how when you get a vm you get the indicator in the upper left hand side? Then if you pull the bar down it tells you how many vms you have etc?

Well in the past I could hit clear and it would clear everything but keep vms notifications in tact until I actually listened to them. Now it clears them out.

Can anyone else try this and let me know if its happening to them?

Also have wallpaper problem that was posted above.

Yes, the dialer needs some changing. Would be sweet to have haptic feedback as well. I wonder if we can get an option in the toolbox to get the blur dialer in the future?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones