• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

meep

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Hopefully I can help you with your problem.

As far as registering it, you may want to try their website. That's where most devices are registered. You may be able to get some info about the wifi issue there too.

Also, I just checked and Google has a lot of info on the Meep and wifi. Try doing specific search.

If you have any other questions regarding your device, I invite you to join Android Forums. We have many sections for specific devices which contain a wealth of information.

Upvote 0
The Meep will remain registered to its original owner and there is nothing you can do on the Meep to change this. What you must do is contact Oregon Scientific and have them clear the account for you from their side. You can phone then (800-853-8883), email (customerservice@oscientific.com), or contact them through their Meep Tablet US Facebook page. Once OS clears the account, you can register it to yourself, update if needed, and adjust the parental controls to your liking.

As for the not having Wifi, that is indeed challenging as the Meep is designed to use Wifi for many things like updating and communicating with Meep's servers for functions like the Meep Store. If you happen to have a Meep that is already on version 2.1.2, there are on-tablet controls for many functions, even registering. If your Meep came with the Ota App (versions 2.0 and above), you can update by going on a computer to MEEP! OTA PC Download and downloading any updates to the computer than transferring them to the Meep by USB or microSD, then using the Ota App to run the update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones