• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MidnightROM:GS2 JB 1.1.2 7/26/2013 Overclocking and general awesomeness!!!

Package Management - when you are writing your own Android apps it is the mechanism that causes your app to be sideloaded and installed onto your phone.

It's a tiny little file and you can just copy it into /system/bin yourself. That's what I did...
Can you post it?
I've had 2 reboots as of now first I started up my need for speed game and it just rebooted the second time I was installing an app and it rebooted

Were you overclocking? I haven't had any issues but I'll revert to the other kernel if there are issues

Also, you guys killed my dropbox...xD

Upvote 0
Scrapping 1.0.7 before I even get it officially up >.<

Full changelog (Including the changes in 1.0.7) are as follows.
The first two changes are new to 1.0.8 from 1.0.7.
(Also, for those who didn't nab 1.0.7 SORRY! >.< Won't happen again!)

-Reverted the kernel to previous version to fix random reboots
-Fixed missing /system/bin/pm file

-Removed a bunch of files that weren't needed anymore
-Removed video editor/trim
-Removed samsung boot animation files and replaced with bootanimation.zip

-MMS fixes:
-Better "less" compression (Untested)
-Larger file size sending (2mb, works mainly with gif's. I'm still trying to fix the auto compression for jpg's if it's under that T_T Ideas anyone? I'd rather not use a third party MMS.apk as the stock one has the ability to send/recieve MMS over wifi, and that ability is lost with others)
-Changed time of received messages to sent time not the moment when you actually received it
-SMS hour limit now set to 1000 (Untested)
-Enabled screen on/off toggle, vibration, and sig options​
-Noticeable battery life improvement
-Noticeable performance improvement
-Build.prop tweaks
-Removed default Samsung keyboard and replaced with Google Keyboard (Took FOREVER to get this one working right, so WOO!)
-Fixed WIFI tether mod (No more FC's!)
-Removed Video Player, replaced with MX Video Player (Stock sucked)
-Updated apps
-Updated install script

Upvote 0
I recently updated to 1.0.7 and now 1.0.8 is out. Is it better to just run dirty flash or should I follow the regular procedure of formatting the cache, system, and data?
Dirty flash will work ^_^
Okay, weird question. How do I change the battery indicator?
It's in systemui.apk i believe

Upvote 0
Upgraded to 1.0.8 (thanks for fixing the PM issue). Everything seemed to work pretty well, but this morning when I connected it up the USB of my computer I got a boot loop suddenly and had to clear Cache and Dahlvik Cache.

The weird part is that I cleared both after installing 1.0.8 and before booting it for the very first time.

Also, where is Google Navigator? It seems to no longer be a system app and I also can't find it on the Google Play Store (or anywhere else). Weirdness.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones