• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MidnightROM:GS2 JB 1.1.2 7/26/2013 Overclocking and general awesomeness!!!

Works fine for me on 1.0.8, just tried it. (Takes a sec for 3G to kick in)

Also, quick question...How is texting working for everyone in 1.0.8? Texts seem very delayed. I'm not sure if it's the mms changes, the network, or just me

Happened again and the trick to get 3g back on seems to be toggling 4g. Weird. Have been on WiFi since yesterday, went to bed, woke up and turned WiFi off. No 3g until toggling 4g. Wasn't able to send texts while 3g was off.

Edit: Seem's I can't keep the 3g for more than a few minutes at a time now, disappears after a good ten minutes. Might be a carrier issue?

Upvote 0
Upgraded to 1.0.8 (thanks for fixing the PM issue). Everything seemed to work pretty well, but this morning when I connected it up the USB of my computer I got a boot loop suddenly and had to clear Cache and Dahlvik Cache.

The weird part is that I cleared both after installing 1.0.8 and before booting it for the very first time.

Also, where is Google Navigator? It seems to no longer be a system app and I also can't find it on the Google Play Store (or anywhere else). Weirdness.
Odd @_@ No idea why that would happen.
And about Navigation, it's just Maps now. Google upgraded Google Maps recently and took away the Nav icon
i confirm,no navigation and i can't see it in the play store.
PLZ See above ^_^

Happened again and the trick to get 3g back on seems to be toggling 4g. Weird. Have been on WiFi since yesterday, went to bed, woke up and turned WiFi off. No 3g until toggling 4g. Wasn't able to send texts while 3g was off.

Edit: Seem's I can't keep the 3g for more than a few minutes at a time now, disappears after a good ten minutes. Might be a carrier issue?
It may be a carrier issue. I haven't had this issue. try updating profile/prl
Random reboot on 1.0.8. Not good.
How much are you overclocking? I put the kernel back to the other versions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones