• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Now to the dark side...

Ekyle, avatar change suggestion once you start posting here about your new iPhone:

if1eKl_Mb-b6aQGPQVuoPZbuWAoiYIZYmUsvaqQ2d3PIm_7VqUBY9__XPTRTOjdoqoImpTMf53YzUvWyLw=s128-c

:D

Love it!!

I need a new avatar. Perhaps a nice Banjo. Or perhaps a Pinup girl, so people will think I own a WW2 Bomber. Any Vargas fans? Oh, I know, I'll use a Rubens painting image.

My vote is for the Pinup girl. They're so classic.

Upvote 0
I think I'll find a nice banjo image and use that. It is more realistic. I'll always have a chance to strum a banjo, but probably not a Vargas Girl. The reason? I am ugly as a boiled dragon.

I highly doubt that! And think of all the confusion you could cause by putting up an avatar with a female when you are clearly male.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I shudder to imagine how that guy lost his teeth.

[edit]: When searching for Betty Grable images, the most famous one of her looking over her shoulder, in that light bathing suit, is the most prevalent. But another that I like much better:

9531807_tml.jpg

There's your avatar, Bob. ;)

I lost them cage fighting with uncle Jeb and cousin Jethro. Too much 'shine and you do crazy things.

I shudder to imagine how that guy lost his teeth.

[edit]: When searching for Betty Grable images, the most famous one of her looking over her shoulder, in that light bathing suit, is the most prevalent. But another that I like much better:

9531807_tml.jpg

There's your avatar, Bob. ;)

Very lovely woman. Back in the day, we had far more glamour and far less Lohan and Hilton. I long for the days when men were men and women were glad. I don't think I am worthy of Batty, however. I mean Betty... certainly I am worthy of Batty.

Votes are in. I'm going with a nice picture of a motorcycle. Either Scott Flying Squirrel or a Black Shadow.

I guess everyone will go Googly Googleing.

Upvote 0
I highly doubt that! And think of all the confusion you could cause by putting up an avatar with a female when you are clearly male.

That sounds exactly like someone who already does that on this forum. :p

And that avatar definitely seems to fit you Bob. I was hoping for just a banjo, not only did I see a banjo but you threw in a bonus.

Upvote 0
Heh.. ^^^ what isn't? :D

But, a-HEM.. hey, OP, how's it going with the new iPhone?

He is either having too much fun with his new toy or he sunk it into the ocean due to his frustration and does not have a mean to you go online as his fiance refuses to give all of the Android devices she has gotten from him back to him.

Upvote 0
Heh.. ^^^ what isn't? :D

But, a-HEM.. hey, OP, how's it going with the new iPhone?
Well I picked it up from the guy and it wouldn't activate which made me nervous, but I had already checked the ESN so I took it to VZW and got me all set up. They said I couldn't insure it since I bought it from someone which I think is BS since they still insure my fiancee's phone even though it was mine.

Anywho, so far I'm really liking it. So far :D The notifications are something to be desired, but that should be fixed in iOS5. One thing I can say that is soooo much better is how I can download all my apps in iTunes (I still hate iTunes for Windows BTW) and sync them with a USB cable. It is so much faster and way more convenient than pushing them from the market.

The UI is rather fluid, I have some apps that I've wanted for awhile, and the battery is kick ass so far. It was at 80% when I got it at 4PM and I ended the night at 12AM with 34%. That was with using it a ton as well as exploring it. Also 30 minutes of Skype video chat which worked very well.

I can say that I had a good laugh at myself when I thought I could change the message notification window from blue to another color. Meh, no big deal though. I was able to sync my Google contacts, mail, and calendar. I was most impressed with how many apps have push notifications. Facebook, Chase, Twitter, etc.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the interface and all these good things may very well be the placebo effect of a new gadget. I'm giving it a month before I consider selling the D3. Definitely getting rid of the Thunderbolt though... haha

I'll come back with more as a find it :)

Who's going to make a Phandroid iPhone app for me? :D

Reactions: Roze and Frisco
Upvote 0
^--good to hear you are enjoying your iPhone Kyle :) haha Now you are on the dark side...title reflects that ;)

I like the video editing feature that the iPhone4 has. It's bloody kick ass. That's the only thing I like about my friend's iPhone4. I am dreaming of a day when Android has a nice stock video editing feature, lol.
So far today I noticed the battery life :) At 9 AM I'd already be at 89%. This happened with my X and D3 with the extended battery. Same use and I'm at 97%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones