• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread - Sprint official launch is Saturday, June 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this site all but an a official announcment from Sprint has 18, May as LTEVO official pick one up day. Not sure of the source, so once again take it with a grain of salt. Sounds like this one might have some weight to it.

HTC EVO 4G LTE Release Date All But Confirmed

Good find, but that article sourcing GoodAndEvo, just like the article posted above, so essentially its the same info as before.

Upvote 0
OK, so that's phonedog, Android and me, and the unmentionable all posting the May 18 rumor, and each claiming to have a trusted source who has been right before.

Anyone else follow the blogosphere for Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin? The guy that's consistently wrong, but is constantly credited with having a great track record?

I think that this whole rumor on these 3 blogs all come from the same anonymous insider.

Now, do we know anyone who was quoted as a reliable insider source by name for the 3D prerelease, whom we knew to be full of beans?

Maybe it is coming May 18.

Or maybe there's one loser out there selling this chestnut and laughing his hiney off.

Hope I'm wrong, but I am going to vote on the latter.

Upvote 0
OK, so that's phonedog, Android and me, and the unmentionable all posting the May 18 rumor, and each claiming to have a trusted source who has been right before.

Anyone else follow the blogosphere for Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin? The guy that's consistently wrong, but is constantly credited with having a great track record?

I think that this whole rumor on these 3 blogs all come from the same anonymous insider.

Now, do we know anyone who was quoted as a reliable insider source by name for the 3D prerelease, whom we knew to be full of beans?

Or maybe there's one loser out there selling this chestnut and laughing his hiney off.

Yep,
What gets me all saying "Reliable Source" IMHO that just tosses up a red flag. I don't know why they can't quote the source directly? Isn't like this is "You're fired" type info. Drama.

Not at PC and won't be for a few hours. EM, get a chance to look at the splash screen? Does seem legit?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Good points.

Reminds me of the BS days of EVO 3D. (Blue Screen)

Upvote 0

I swear every phone I've been excited enough about to "line up" for has had these same "rumors". Seems to just be the business of things. I always take those rumors with a huge grain of salt. I swear this same exact thing happened with the Evo and MoPho. Some "reliable" sources claimed it was coming out early...in fact didn't the MoPho even get some sort of crappy Best Buy flyer treatment proving it would come out early? Next comes the back end Radio Shack inventory screen shot! :p

Upvote 0

My memory may be failing me, but didn't we eventually find out the real release date from a leaked Radio Shack flyer? In other words, the release date was not established by an anonymous source but something printed and tangible?

Upvote 0
My memory may be failing me, but didn't we eventually find out the real release date from a leaked Radio Shack flyer? In other words, the release date was not established by an anonymous source but something printed and tangible?

That's what I recall as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

Separate note for those following the ringtones and notifications volumes issue -

In stock ICS on a Galaxy Nexus, ringtones and notifications volumes are tied together, same as on the One X.

Thanks, The_Chief, for the info! :)

Upvote 0

That's what I recall as well.

These are the only leaked "flyers" I've seen. If there's something else, please share. The release date wasn't printed on them. The release was through the "reliable source," but the fliers and box were supposed to be "indicators that the May release is more likely than June. Again, I never buy into the rumors until there is tangible evidence. I've already been through that roller-coaster several times in years past (even back to the Windows Mobile days).

Source:
First look at marketing materials for HTC EVO 4G LTE, May release date is confirmed

6a00d83451c9ec69e2016304dd1587970d-pi

6a00d83451c9ec69e20168ead2a3dd970c-pi

If there are other advertisements or screenshots that had been posted, please post them up because I don't recall seeing them anywhere.

Upvote 0
Ok that's what I thought wasn't sure. Well I don't really care then if I silence my ringer at work at least I know the notifications will still be silenced too. I know some like to silence notifications for if there on call and there phone may ring but I don't really need a different sound so it's ok for me. I was just worried about the alarm. I just want this phone already. LOL!

Alarms has a separate volume control, ringtones and notifications are tied into one.

Upvote 0
Extremely excited for the release.
I use my OG Evo on occasion as a wifi-hotspot. I do not subscribe to the hotspot package from Sprint. This is a feature that is "out of the box" with CyanogenMod. I'm a light user of this feature, my data totals are consistently between 500-800Mb.

Is it safe to assume that the LTEvo will need to be rooted and another ROM installed to have the same functionality that I enjoy now?

Was looking forward to banging away with Sense 4.0 for a while.

Upvote 0
Extremely excited for the release.
I use my OG Evo on occasion as a wifi-hotspot. I do not subscribe to the hotspot package from Sprint. This is a feature that is "out of the box" with CyanogenMod. I'm a light user of this feature, my data totals are consistently between 500-800Mb.

Is it safe to assume that the LTEvo will need to be rooted and another ROM installed to have the same functionality that I enjoy now?

Was looking forward to banging away with Sense 4.0 for a while.

Options that do not require root include, PDAnet, FoxFi, Easy Tether, and ClockworkMod Tether. All require tether via USB. Although, I hear FoxFi works wirelessly, without root, on some devices.

Reactions: Skid71
Upvote 0
Though a stock Sense 4.0 ROM would probably be available for those that root.
I say this now, without the LTEvo in my hands, but I'm not sure how much I want to go down the flashing path again. It's fun for a while, but can also be work that I don't have the extra time for.

I appreciate the replies.

Skid

addendum... so it looks like tethering for an iPad (ducks rotten veggies) will require root on the LTEvo?

Reactions: i.have.droid
Upvote 0
isn't this how it already is on older android phones? since day one with my EVO, using the volume rocker changes both ringer and notification tones at the same time

if this is an ICS feature (which is what i assume your talking about since you can click the icon and change difference volumes, then it won't bother me TOO much

No, this is new. Before you could get a check box to control the two volumes independently. No more.

Definitely bothers me.

Reactions: RichboyJhae
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones