• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One Stop Shopping for Fascinate Kernels

Upvote 0
just a quick question before I jump into Voodoo:

Is this how you remove Voodoo5?

Boot into Red CWM => Disable lagfix
Reboot
Boot into CWM => Flash a new kernel?

Is it really that easy now?

In red recovery you have to select disable lagfix and (depending on which version of red recovery) allow system conversion or disable system lagfix...,then reboot....then flash a nonvoodoo kernel....however to remove red recovery you.gotta flash 11/29 nonvoodoo

Reactions: BanhMi
Upvote 0
In red recovery you have to select disable lagfix and (depending on which version of red recovery) allow system conversion or disable system lagfix...,then reboot....then flash a nonvoodoo kernel....however to remove red recovery you.gotta flash 11/29 nonvoodoo

so if i wanted to install a new vodoo kernel i would have to disable the voodoo from red recovery, reboot, then go back into red recovery, flash the new kernel, and enable voodoo again correct?

Upvote 0
so if i wanted to install a new vodoo kernel i would have to disable the voodoo from red recovery, reboot, then go back into red recovery, flash the new kernel, and enable voodoo again correct?

You can flash a voodoo5 kernel over another voodoo5 kernel without switching anything....and can flash it over nonvoodoo just as easily. :)

Just with nonvoodoo you have to follow the.directions if you have a voodoo kernel installed

Reactions: imneveral0ne
Upvote 0
thanks, just got a 1927 using OTB test5 ul 1300.

ive seen people with 2200 so im not bragging. but that is my personal best so far. never passed 2000 on this phone. only on my evo running 2.2

Your best bet is to ignore quadrant scores on this phone...,because if the various mods and lagfixes it.doesn't mean too much...,linpack is a bit.more.reliable for comparisons and longbench in setcpu...,:)

Upvote 0
Your best bet is to ignore quadrant scores on this phone...,because if the various mods and lagfixes it.doesn't mean too much...,linpack is a bit.more.reliable for comparisons and longbench in setcpu...,:)

yes, i know of your hate for quadrent lol. unfortunatley i dont remember what my scores were on those before i flashed this rom >.<

Upvote 0
Hey Saps, Are ASOP stable? last time 12/27 batch, i heard there were problems with MMS and SMS but not with GV messaging.

From what I'm hearing they are making progress on it but its not stable yet..but hopefully soon :D
Yeah, its not 100% and since I need traditional SMS not just GV I havent moved over yet. Not sure anyone is losing out on anything just yet other than the coolness factor by not moving over.

Upvote 0
Allegedly SMS works. MMS, bluetooth, camcorder are the big bugs at this point.

I just wanna know:

_is it faster?

_it comes with red cwm? Can I simply restore my dj05 nandroid and be back where I am now?

I think nitsu ran one of the older builds, maybe he knows.

1. ummm...it runs fast...but thats because its very slimmed down...if you are into benchmarks...you may be disappointed....could be that kernel development wasnt as important to jt/bird yet so the kernels arent up to par

2. red recovery is there until you get rid of it....the first build had built in voodoo5 kernels...the latest up at xda gives you the option for either

Upvote 0
Allegedly SMS works. MMS, bluetooth, camcorder are the big bugs at this point.

I just wanna know:

_is it faster?

_it comes with red cwm? Can I simply restore my dj05 nandroid and be back where I am now?

I think nitsu ran one of the older builds, maybe he knows.

1. ummm...it runs fast...but thats because its very slimmed down...if you are into benchmarks...you may be disappointed....could be that kernel development wasnt as important to jt/bird yet so the kernels arent up to par

2. red recovery is there until you get rid of it....the first build had built in voodoo5 kernels...the latest up at xda gives you the option for either
I see sms is apparently more or less working, but I still need MMS and BT daily so Im not moving yet. Plus I like my OTB kernel too much. Its nice to have such substantial progress on aosp though. I have to imagine in a week from now things will be much further along

Upvote 0

Don't care about the benchmarks :) I saw the dl was like 80mb so slimmed for sure, I bet even after adding back all my apps.

I kind of want to play with it when I get bored, can I nandroid back to my current or will I need Odin?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the links! I was trying to find these on xda lol.

Any sv kernel seems to work fine for me. I'm testing out the test 6, 1.2ghz one right now. I'll see how battery life holds up with moderate usage tomorrow :p
Yeah phones are funny that way. Some people like stock voltage, others can OC stably at 1.3Ghz and other like uv a lot, which is what mine is. My preference would be OC max but I have what I have. If battery life is a concern give the uv a try, if you cannot make the 1200 work the 1100 should be good to go. Considering the degree of uv, the 1100uv is going to far and away out last the 1200sv if you still want a bit of extra speed on the high end but the mega uv.
As always sometimes it takes flashing several kernels over the course of several hours or even days to find your niche.
Myself I know Im best with 1200 and uv, but that does not stop me from trying out the 1300's almost each and every time we get new revisions

Upvote 0
The 1200sv worked great today. I've had the phone unplugged since 6:30am and it's still at 50% 11 hours later with about:
1.5 hours of music playing.
1 hour of internet browsing and testing out the UI to see how stable it is.
5-10 minutes of calling.
Texting every 5 mins or so.

I'm gonna try to go the whole night out without bringing a charger to see how beast this kernel is :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones