• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Optimus L9 Leaked for MetroPCS

I know I've mentioned this once. No one caught it or said anything.

Then I read most of this thread again.

I think we've missed something.

First, a couple of our normally on the ballers said early on the L9 has LTE. It doesn't. Metro has even said so on Faceplant.

Doesn't it strike anyone as strange that one of the new phones for the new deal Doesn't Have LTE? It does to me.

Maybe they are going to use the Sims and the Model of the phone you hook up to the Metro network to determine how Much Of and Which Part Of the spectrum you get.

Get a mid or high end phone and you get LTE with maybe a faster more consistent signal. Spend LESS on a low end smart phone and get a little less speed and reliability. (Now yes I know HSPA+ can be faster than LTE but maybe that's as things are set up now. Can that be changed?)

I do think unless I am missing something that the L9 Not having LTE is more than an interesting coincidence. (There ARE no "coincidences". ;) )

Whachalthank?

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I think you are getting the T-Mobile phone. Very few T-Mobile phones have LTE. The current T-Mobile S III has LTE, so I would at least wait for that one to be released on MetroPCS. I read it will be available on 6/17. I would expect before the end of the year all new T-Mobile/MetroPCs smart phones will have LTE.

Richard

Upvote 0
What part of "Metro has already said on Facebook the L9 doesn't have LTE" are you missing? ;)

It has per them 4G (HSPA+) but not LTE. (Which is basically my main question, why?)

[EDIT] Read it for yourself.
MetroL9Faceplant.JPG

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
What part of "Metro has already said on Facebook the L9 doesn't have LTE" are you missing? ;)

It has per them 4G (HSPA+) but not LTE. (Which is basically my main question, why?)

[EDIT] Read it for yourself.
MetroL9Faceplant.JPG

Bruce in Ocala, FL

i think thats pretty confusing its not a 4g lte phone but its 4g? i think that metro rep has no clue of what hes saying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones