• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUTDATED] Root 2.2.1 and get Data WORKING!!!

i followed the steps and downloaded the emulator to check if my phone was rooted, and the #, confirmed it. my problem is, idk if the:

" To install new Recovery Menu for 2.2. phones and get service back go to this thread Then install a program from market called anreboot. Install the app and open it up, then select reboot system. If everything went alright your phone will restart and it will have service and will be rooted. "

applied to me. (i apologize, i have a mental handicap) so i skipped that. i got down to the "reboot to recovery" (which i didn't know how to do so i pressed down vol + power off and obviously, i did something wrong. my phone just stays on the android boot screen. Can someone help me please???

Upvote 0
i followed the steps and downloaded the emulator to check if my phone was rooted, and the #, confirmed it. my problem is, idk if the:

" To install new Recovery Menu for 2.2. phones and get service back go to this thread Then install a program from market called anreboot. Install the app and open it up, then select reboot system. If everything went alright your phone will restart and it will have service and will be rooted. "

applied to me. (i apologize, i have a mental handicap) so i skipped that. i got down to the "reboot to recovery" (which i didn't know how to do so i pressed down vol + power off and obviously, i did something wrong. my phone just stays on the android boot screen. Can someone help me please???

I would not use the method in this thread, that was the old way and that rom is not working out of the box. use this instead
http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/409145-downgrading-putting-stock-rom.html

Now on to specifics. for the problem reg the dll you need to turn off user account control
it will stop the dll reg.
go to start menu control panel user accounts UAC slide the slider to the bottom restart the computer.
For the spc there are a couple methods the easiest is to go to
android - whiterabbit.org
put in your phone esn and it will give you the metromsl/spc
you can use lgnpst to fix it, look at the post I made the rom you used is old and not usable use the updated methods. also 2.2.2 can be rooted now so you may be able to use the lg updater and go back to 2.2.2 then root it.

Reactions: jaexstarr
Upvote 0
:eek: I need help here. I followed all the steps and im back on 2.2.1. Now, i have no service, the superuser in my phone wont work, adb wont push su and the problem is that in one hour my dad have to go work (this is his phone):eek:
Good news are that its all running now, after getting root access i couldn't flash recovery from adb so i had to do it from the terminal in the phone. Bad news are that dad had to go work with out his phone. Thanks to all you guys for all the help, I'm making some donations already.

Upvote 0
i remember getting my omthinking I was gonna root way back when, till we had to wait for this cuz our 2.2.1's were only getting black screens. And everyone who was already rooted kept telling us we were doing it wrong. :p

Is there anyway we can get the Thread topic to have [OUTDATED] on it and a link to the newer thread in the OP?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones