• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

I had a rough morning, I had to resign for fear of my personal safety at the workplace, so I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to find another job in time to make enough money to pay for my senior fees this coming school year :( on the bright side, I was able to bring my girlfriend a bunch of roses after not seeing her for a couple of months :)

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0
I hate to say this, but it happens everywhere. Drives me nuts too... it helps (slightly) when the d-bag customer at least apologies the next time they come in.

Thing is, they don't. But what is good, is when they come back in to complain, then I overhear the manager give them crap, not even let them get some water. They get what they deserve.

Reactions: Kelmar
Upvote 0
From fast food worker, to ditch digger, to brain surgeon, you work hard and do the best you can do, you will have my respect.

Exactly. And that brain surgeon would probably completely flunk trying to do the McDonald's job too. Everybody does a job which suits them best. None is better than the other. :eek:

G'night Pup. Tomorrow is another day.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
Okay I work at McDonalds.. It grinds my gears when people come in and treat the workers like they are stupid, and treat them like crap. It makes me not want to work here. Most of the time its good, but why do some people have to ruin my day, because their life sucks.

Ahhhh shame dude. :(

I seriously feel for you!

My friend's mother, my friend and I are going through the drive through thingy and then she pays the dudette at the till and then literally LESS THAN LIKE 5 seconds or less even she gets cross and asks:

"Why is it taking so long???"

How stupid can you be?

I thought like asking her that.

She just got your money like 3 seconds ago and you are so stupid that you think it will just "be there" after 3 mili seconds?

I think that is so rude.

My dad is also like that.

GOD HE GRINDS MY GEARS BADLY SOMETIMES.

And I am not surprised it goes that way because of the way he talks to people sometimes.

He can be rude at times.

It is down right ******ed and 500% unnecessary to talk to people like that expecting it to be flawless first time every time.

I know the millions of beggars at stop streets, traffic lights, the never ending amount of problems in this country gets to him... it gets to all of us badly too and I know people in South Africa in particular have very high stress levels because of the shit hole we live in.

But for the love of God... don't let it out on some one who actually is trying to work and go places, do things with his / her life because that is just not fair.

I agree with him and know sometimes it is also frustrating dealing with someone who is in a job behind a desk or something and cannot even spell their own name but they only got that job because they are black.

Yes I know it frustrates the living shit out of everyone and stress is sadly very very sadly high here dealing with this all the time with people that were only given the job because they are black and because of "black economic empowerment shit" they are bound to get work even if they can't tie their own shoe laces and barely enough brain power to breathe.

They will still get the job regardless.

But it is always best in these kinds of situations to just be diplomatic and be nice and you will be amazed at how nice the staff at where ever you will be will try and be nice back to you.

But I do understand why he can't stand it like many many many many many of us do.

I agree with him they shouldn't be in such an important job and that it should go to someone else who would far more appreciate some kind of work where as they don't.

I also just want to get out my shot gun at times and blow all the racist shit head away too.

This country is very very very stressful from the insane amounts of incompetence of just ******* ubiquitous insane racism everywhere.

It is bad enough wondering if tomorrow will be your last from the country going ape shit and killing all "Evil Bad White Pigs" and I know it also gets to me too so badly at times from all the never ending crap fest here.

Upvote 0
Anyone who is rude to a person who prepares their food is an idiot imo ;)
I hate the general public and i dont have the temprament to serve them and put up with their crap so i respect you for that mate. Youre the stronger man :beer:
Please spit in their fries for me though :p

Loll no need for me to get dirty, they will get what has coming to them someday. Like that guy did today,

Upvote 0
From fast food worker, to ditch digger, to brain surgeon, you work hard and do the best you can do, you will have my respect.

I totally 500% agree!!!!

I wholeheartedly agree! :)

All the way!

I don't care what your past says about you what so ever,

If you were a "criminal", a beggar, or struggling to survive.

If you worked like a dog to get out of it then that is all the more reason I would go to you for business, advice or whatever it may be because that is some one I seriously respect. ;)

Diddo dude. ;)

I really admire these kinds of people. :)

Upvote 0
On the opposite side of the coin, I am not very appreciative when the people behind the counter are talking crap about their customers.

One time, I was in a sandwich shop, and I had a fairly specific special order and this guy is talking crap about all the customers in line, right in front of us... he's like, "bet you he won't even mention the special order stuff at the checkout."

Well, A) I can hear you, you dumbass; and B) Why are you asking the customer to tell the cashier what the order was, anyway? You guys are standing all of three feet away from each other, anyway...

I generally don't fill out those stupid feedback forms, but I did that time. The owner of the store called me up, took me to lunch, asked me to explain the circumstances and told me he had already fired half the crew (for various reasons), and then gave me coupons for free sandwiches.

That guy had all my respect, and his new employees were a heck of a lot better than the old crew were.

Upvote 0
Thing is, they don't. But what is good, is when they come back in to complain, then I overhear the manager give them crap, not even let them get some water. They get what they deserve.

FWIW I get about 1 apology every 10 years (but that being said I guess the one today was ALMOST an apology... so that would make TWO this week).

I apologize, on behalf of a GRATEFUL human being, on their behalf. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
FWIW I get about 1 apology every 10 years (but that being said I guess the one today was ALMOST an apology... so that would make TWO this week).

I apologize, on behalf of a GRATEFUL human being, on their behalf. :smokingsomb:

I get constant apologies.

They usually begin - I'm sorry you're such an idiot but...

:rofl: ;)

Upvote 0
Ben there, done that... :rolleyes:

It happened to me in 2008, credit cards wouldn't work when booking flights, and questioning by the TSA at every airport security.

It actually made me honestly think, which is more of a police state, the United States of America or the People's Republic of China? I've never had anything like that happen in China, and I know exactly what's to be expected here.

Upvote 0
My whole week has been very stressful. I had six job interviews, got my car broken into twice and had a burglar try to break into my apartment. The landlord got rid of electricity caps and now I have to pay an arm and a leg for every kilowatt. I had to get my car inspected today and hit a nasty pothole that threw out the alignment in the front wheels. I had no money for the alignment and had to call my bank to give me a loan to pay for it. Mechanic laughed at me for doing it. I used to work at a plant store and recently worked at a local computer store before they went out of business. My parents are pressuring me to apply for more jobs, but I have applied for every job I think I would do well in and is close to my apartment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones