• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

On the opposite side of the coin, I am not very appreciative when the people behind the counter are talking crap about their customers.

One time, I was in a sandwich shop, and I had a fairly specific special order and this guy is talking crap about all the customers in line, right in front of us... he's like, "bet you he won't even mention the special order stuff at the checkout."

Well, A) I can hear you, you dumbass; and B) Why are you asking the customer to tell the cashier what the order was, anyway? You guys are standing all of three feet away from each other, anyway...

I generally don't fill out those stupid feedback forms, but I did that time. The owner of the store called me up, took me to lunch, asked me to explain the circumstances and told me he had already fired half the crew (for various reasons), and then gave me coupons for free sandwiches.

That guy had all my respect, and his new employees were a heck of a lot better than the old crew were.

I don't mind picky customers at all. Its when they are rude to the people behind the counter that ticks me off.

Upvote 0
Landlords! Ours is called Mister Knobbs lol (honestly) and he's started the process of selling our flat (apartment) and we have to let potential buyers into our home to view the place grr. Im gona get him one day. i can promise myself that :beer:

My sophomore Spanish teacher in high school was a landlord to some people, he owned a few apartments. one time well he was teaching, he was on the phone with one of his tenants, and he was cursing I'm complaining and arguing with this one guy in class on the phone with this guy because he was kicking him out of the apartment because he wasn't paying his bills it was really entertaining for a teacher to blow off steam and a tenant in class.

Upvote 0
Ahh america... think ive seen that lil place on Nat Geo or somethin :p
Oy! Don't make me post Scots in the voice controlled elevator!

I went to America once, my credit cards didn't work for aeroplanes and the TSA interrogated me.

We let you go, I don't see what all the complaining is about.

:rofl: j/k

Upvote 0
I get constant apologies.

They usually begin - I'm sorry you're such an idiot but...

:rofl: ;)

Ahhhh it is so comforting to know us single digit IQ guys like you and I GlassesMon are not alone! :)

We must be family!

Hey brother Rasta! :D

Come on illegitimate brother from another mother dance with me ek se! :D

Looo daaa deee daaa I don't know some of the words other than the chorus yaaa yaaa laaa laaaa! :)

We are family!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Ok, but I'm not your sister, buddy.

My brother I thought I almost lost you there!!!!! :D:D:D

You be strong Mon!

xD

Oh ja you are my big brother BUT I am your sister! :D

(Many Android Forum members are now very cautious and really don't wanna click the "show button" from the horror of the Stinky 1 as they say: "Good Lord I hope I am not scarred for eternity after seeing this!
cry.gif
May the force be with me!")

I AM YOUR SISTER NOW FOR LIFE BRO! :D

funny_women_face_pictures.jpg

Don't make me bring out "Mr Pain" on youz brother!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I hate yard work! I'm sore and hot and tired from pulling weeds...
and another thing:)....I have 18 wine glasses and beer mugs and a couple of sippy cups that were filled with what looked like mojito's ? wtwhat!!!:eek:
and none of them belong to me and I have no room left to store all this stuff....:mad:
I did find this though...:D heehee..can't wait to put it up!:p

Upvote 0
There may be a slight problem at the border but im sure i can sneak through x

Maybe some day ill sneak by security and say hey to you!!:) my husband is Scottish .. He and his father were supposed to go over but sadly his dad is Probably not going to be well enough to take the trip.. But I know he wants to go see his roots family etc pretty badly ..
We will probably go together one day hopefully soon:)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Maybe some day ill sneak by security and say hey to you!!:) my husband is Scottish .. He and his father were supposed to go over but sadly his dad is Probably not going to be well enough to take the trip.. But I know he wants to go see his roots family etc pretty badly ..
We will probably go together one day hopefully soon:)

Lol that would be cool but i live in the a-hole of scotland.. no kilts or heather here :D

Upvote 0
Landscape gardener here. Good friends-rates. You have to buy my plane ticket though :)

Hah!

Airplanes are just for plebs!

That 10 000 year old technology was sooooo last millennium! :D

Use your inner behemoth with waaaay too many steroids and sugar and use instant transmission!

(MADE IN JAPAN)

You will get there in no time!

Also all the way across the alternate dimensions in less than 1 second to boot!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
My gears got ground today by a yapping dog outside in a car. No dogs allowed in this apt complex, so this visitor left his pooch in the car, with the engine running and the air conditioner on, at least.

But the top moon roof was open about three inches, presumably for fresh air for the dog, so his barking was non-stop; I don't know how some dogs breathe when they're barking non-stop like that.

Anyway, just as I as about to go find the guy, he came out and drove away. I was a bit disappointed as I had a plan to quickly reach over to his upper lip and pull up real hard and lead him around the parking lot for a while like that.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones