1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Removing unwanted icons

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hate, Dec 20, 2011.

1. hate

hate Android Enthusiast

I don't want certain notifications to show, such as speakerphone and mute, so I was thinking of deleting them form the drawable-mdpi folder. Will this cuse any problems?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Android Expert

It would probably be better to replace them with blank images rather than delete them. The APK might crash if it cannot find a required file

3. Bloodawn

Bloodawn Android Expert

like kouma said you don't want to delete the icon

open the icon in a editor and clear it so its just a transparent image, you can probably resize it to 1x1 too so it doesn't take up any room

4. dmarckos

dmarckos Lurker

If you uninstalled an App using your phone applications manager, The uninstall may leave
    behind an icon that's difficult to remove.
    The best way I've found is to return to Google play and re-install the removed Apps.
    At install completion, you Will be offered two buttons.1.to open the app. 2. To uninstall the app.
    Select 'uninstall'.
    Google play uninstaller will uninstall the App and its Icon.

5. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

He said he wants to remove CERAIN icons, like : speakerphone and mute and these are system apps, have nothing to do with Google !!!

Also, this thread is ALMOST ONE year old, I think he might has figured it out by now !! ;) LOL

6. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

[​IMG]

7. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

LMAO at the pic. Duhhhhhhh! :eek::p:D

8. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

Lolz ima go to sleep with a smile!

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews