• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]AOSP ShiftTh3ory

AFA the black gmail, I'm going to flash my modded burn with no gmail so it's not an issue

when i made that statement,i i dint flash the original mod,and it booted with black mms,phone,and gmail,so i thot they were naturally included,making your modded .zip useless :eek:

however,ill now retract the statement,cause i had flashed the themechoser burnt mod,but i dint think it would change anything until selecting it with theme choser. i just flashed it again(thats 3 times now :p) and dindt flash either theme pack this time,and guess what-booted with normal mms,phone and gmail :)

im still alittle confused about why i still had the grey ones the other time... i formatted /system and wiped cache/dalvik both times,so i dont think they were just left over,and i didnt think flashing the themechoser theme would affect them. :thinking: guess i was wrong,lol

at any rate,your white gmail should be safe :D

edit: just went back and flashed the theme choser burnt ignition mod. booted it up and black mms,etc,but still have the "new theme" icons. that lil rascal! :D guess that explains it,lol.

picking burnt in theme chooser brings back the pull down and status bar icons for that theme. FWIW ive not had to reboot with any of these. they change right away,and rebooting doesnt make them look any different.

also,burnt theme is sticking just fine for me.

Upvote 0
So far I like black much better than shift. And I LIKED shift alot.
It seems faster. Drawer scrolling is much improved. It also comes with adw ex.
The only forcecloses I have had are from two of the paid apps he left for us. Better terminal and another that I would never use anyway. All my apps open fine.
The store is missing.
Though it really isn't needed. There us a ton of flashables in the God mode app.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
God mode didn't have the options I'm used to and I just didn't want to try and figure it out yet. Perhaps another day. So I flashed 2.0F and will wait until something happens that will continue our quest for the perfect flash. I totally agree with Worm about feeling left out a little and unsupported. At least if slayher was still with us we'd have some hope. As it now stands we are orphan children of a bastard father. (I just put that last part in, it really makes no sense)

Upvote 0
Hey dig, how do you set the lockscreen image in god mode. And while you have your thinking cap on how do you set advanced display options such as soft key lights? Ok, one more, how do you set cpu without setcpu? I think OMG could be a great rom but I do like my tweaks.

There's no way to adjust the soft key brightness in OMFGB and there's no way to control the Kernel without setCPU (unless you use speedtweak.sh or viper) These are some of the reason why I prefer CM7 based ROMs

Reactions: scotty85 and bjanow
Upvote 0
Okay I wiped and flashed black and all my apps were installed wiped again same thing anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm about to wipe and format /system to see if that works.

I've been flashing roms for a bit so I don't think I am doing something wrong but most of the cm7 thing I was running is still here. I'm on blackaosp according to phone settings so I don't know wtf isn't working.

I didn't make emo horse come up in recovery maybe that is the problem...

Upvote 0
I did a complete wipe, system and all then flashed 2.0f with no issues. I like the store and CM settings too much to stick with an OMG rom right now. Not to mention I've never had all my user apps and all data survive a wipe like that. So far seems so good gotta reboot and flash imo's .8 and allow my LCD density to fix itself

Upvote 0
thats wierd on your app prollem. are you suuuuuuuuuure you dint just fogert to wipe data/factory reset? its ok,we wont speak of it again :D

neither wiping caches nor formating /system will have any affect on your user installed apps,as they are kept in data/app,not system/app.

if you really did wipe data,then i guess we could chalk it up to emo horse twrp error :eek:

im liking 2.0 alot. flashing the burnt theme chosere zip,then not chosing it gave me the perfect blend-greyed out mms,phone,and contacts,but with new ui status bar and pull down icons. also its running great. super smooth and fast :cool:

Upvote 0
I know I wiped data/factory reset. Did it twice after I booted the first time and still had all my apps. I had some odd things with recovery today so I don't know if it was messing up or my phone is wanting to brick :eek: I think it could have been because I was playing around with the themes in recovery but my recovery froze when making a nandroid for about 10 mins after it generated the md5sum took 1.5 mins to make the first part of the backup then froze, I let it sit for about 10 mins and was about to pull the battery then it started the second part of the backup took about 4 mins.

I don't plan on switching themes in TWRP again, will be flashing the new version tonight/tomorrow morning after work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones