• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/06/13)

First let me apologize to you if my referencing your post was an issue in any way shape or form. My responding to it was not meant as a negative to you, your thoughts and so on.

My response was simply to point out that there is a difference between signal loss and lose or changes in "bars". One is not always the same as the other.

It is clear to me, for you there is a loss in your phones ability to use a signal..

After all if one Rom gives you usable signal and the other does not. Then something is effecting the way your phone is process or using the signal, etc..

And as you referenced... The big question is Why?

For myself I do not have the needed understanding of electronics, nor programing to take a shot at explaining what it could be.

But I know enough that I would say obviously your phone works better as a phone with one rom over the other.

I know in my case I am seeing no difference in my phone between the roms on measured Bd. I keep an eye on mine because I live between to towers in a rural area with bad coverage (no matter the provider). And for two years now, one of the towers tends to stop working for no reason. I refer to it as the flickering light tower. Because much like a light that flickers on and off, this tower is a pain in the butt. And also when it goes down, the other tower gets over loaded. But I'm off subject.

The joys of electronics... Everything works great on 9 identical phones, but on the 10th, it is a no go. That can drive you crazy.

And again no disrespect meant by referencing your post.

Upvote 0
First let me apologize to you if my referencing your post was an issue in any way shape or form. My responding to it was not meant as a negative to you, your thoughts and so on.

My response was simply to point out that there is a difference between signal loss and lose or changes in "bars". One is not always the same as the other.

It is clear to me, for you there is a loss in your phones ability to use a signal..

After all if one Rom gives you usable signal and the other does not. Then something is effecting the way your phone is process or using the signal, etc..

And as you referenced... The big question is Why?

For myself I do not have the needed understanding of electronics, nor programing to take a shot at explaining what it could be.

But I know enough that I would say obviously your phone works better as a phone with one rom over the other.

I know in my case I am seeing no difference in my phone between the roms on measured Bd. I keep an eye on mine because I live between to towers in a rural area with bad coverage (no matter the provider). And for two years now, one of the towers tends to stop working for no reason. I refer to it as the flickering light tower. Because much like a light that flickers on and off, this tower is a pain in the butt. And also when it goes down, the other tower gets over loaded. But I'm off subject.

The joys of electronics... Everything works great on 9 identical phones, but on the 10th, it is a no go. That can drive you crazy.

And again no disrespect meant by referencing your post.

Lol. It's all good man. No disrespect taken. I've just gone through this before and didn't feel like doing it again.
Here's one for you. It not only affects signal on my Prevail...... It does the same thing on my Marquee. Ctmod and AOKP both have a lower signal strength than a stock based ROM. I've tested this on multiple occasions and it is what it is. ;)

Upvote 0
would you guys like another rom update soon? I'm doing a update for the marquee to fix some bugs and I changed some stuff around and added a couple features while I was at it.

Sounds great! I talk to Kouma about making ssm have an expandable memory like data mode. Would be cool if he had that and you can add that in. Other than that can't wait to see what you have in store for us! :D:):rolleyes:

Upvote 0
PS. Don't know if there's any way but it would be nice to have the incall volume and speaker phone in call volume louder, like cm7. I have tried many apps and nothing seems to do the trick.

Try this Chris. It's called Speaker Boost.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...m1vYmkub21lZ2FjZW50YXVyaS5TcGVha2VyQm9vc3QiXQ..

Also, a good app to try is Battery Widget Reborn. It breaks down and shows you your biggest battery draining apps. It also offers many other options. I got it last night and like it.

Upvote 0
Greetings Bloodawn and company,
I seek your guidance please.
I am currently using a Galaxy Prevail CTmod with Boost.
I need to use windows 8 either on my prevail or on a verizon network non or contract unlimited everything that I can root and install a windows 8 os to network with my windows 8 network at work, school and home for skydrive use.
Does anybody have any links for my search?
Thank you
Adam

Upvote 0
Greetings Bloodawn and company,
I seek your guidance please.
I am currently using a Galaxy Prevail CTmod with Boost.
I need to use windows 8 either on my prevail or on a verizon network non or contract unlimited everything that I can root and install a windows 8 os to network with my windows 8 network at work, school and home for skydrive use.
Does anybody have any links for my search?
Thank you
Adam

I'm confused... windows 8 will never be run on an android.... I hope. And are you talking about remoteing into a computer and installing a OS? I don't think I can even do that with all the stuff I do with this awesome AOS.

Reactions: firefighterwhi
Upvote 0
I myself am running 3.75 not 3.75.2, I tried and ran it for a bit but don't recall that.

I do. It happened to me too, I have no idea where it came from. I supposed it was set up to DL after an Inet connection was made like WiFi. I never figured it out and never really cared to. I checked the .apk out and saw nothing to be worried about though, if this helps anyone sleep at night.

Upvote 0
I'm confused... windows 8 will never be run on an android.... I hope. And are you talking about remoteing into a computer and installing a OS? I don't think I can even do that with all the stuff I do with this awesome AOS.

Thank you DaisFlaque, I guess I must eventually buy an HTC 8X and buy verizon's service, I just wondered if there were any other alternatives to be able to integrate with the windows 8 skydrive and access my files form my prevail CTmod boost phone until I can do the transition. Thank you for any pointers into the proper forums.

Reactions: DaisFlaque
Upvote 0
So, got an interesting question for the developers and veterans.

Per se, if i wanted 360 launcher(Like 187-Honeybread ROM)and Smart Keyboard Pro(Bought it, Love it.), rather than the stock CTMod 3.75.2 launcher and keyboard...could i:
1-uncompress the CTMod zip file to it's own named folder.
2-delete the stock KB, Launcher, Music Player, phone and Messenger service.
3-then replace the deleted apps with Smart KB Pro, 360 Launcher, Ubermusic, pixel phone pro and Handcent SMS apps.
4-zip it back up then transfer it to my newly formatted SD Card.
5-and install it via CWM, and everything work exactly like it's supposed to?

I noticed it was cake to unzip the CTMod file and dig through the apps, and IMHO, deleting the stock apps and replacing them with the same kind of app that does the same thing but a different app than what it was, i'd think it would work perfectly. But then again, i'm no developer by far so i don't know.
Just thought i'd ask...alot of stock apps suck customization-wise, like the messenger...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones