• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Quattrimus JB (CM10.1, AOKP42)

Yeah it is. My galaxy s3 with latest cm10.1 nightly does exactly that.

This must be a bug in CM10.1. I just checked my Galaxy Nexus and it behaves exactly as you described, so probably not something introduced by tdm or the LG blobs.

Interesting. I can't believe the CM guys haven't gotten this one fixed, although sometimes what seems like an easy fix is often difficult/improbable, so I won't bash on them.

GPS isn't a total killer for me and wifi-p2p I could care less about. That delay in waking the screen is rather a bother though. Is the bluetooth not giving a genuine MAC still? Mine is showing as **:**:**:*A:*D:*1, obviously with other characters in place of the stars. Don't even remember what my original was.

Upvote 0
AOKP42 build is going reasonably well. Not sure if it will be ready today or tomorrow.

But lookie lookie what I found in vendor/aokp:

vendor/aokp/configs/vzw.mk
vendor/aokp/prebuilt/vzw/app/VerizonSSO.apk
vendor/aokp/prebuilt/vzw/lib/libmotricity.so
vendor/aokp/prebuilt/vzw/etc/permissions/com.vzw.hardware.ehrpd.xml
vendor/aokp/prebuilt/vzw/etc/permissions/com.vzw.vzwapnlib.xml
vendor/aokp/prebuilt/vzw/etc/permissions/com.vzw.hardware.lte.xml

Upvote 0
AOKP is looking pretty good. Surprisingly good, actually. The only issues I've noticed so far are that the power button doesn't turn off the screen, and the contacts storage app fc's when dirty flashing from CM10.1.

The unicorn haters will be pleased to know that the new boot animation has no traces of either unicorn or pink. :p

Also got a reply from rmcc. He has a couple suggestions to track down the bluetooth mac and gps issues, and said don't worry about wifi-p2p crashing.

Upvote 0
I also had GPS on CM10 but can not get it to work on this. Even restored Eclipse, got a lock, then flashed this and it still won't connect. Shows it's on in settings but Maps/GPS Test still register it as off. Other than that it's working great so far!

I also tried dirty flashing over my CM10 with working GPS, same results, settings shows it's on, both maps and GPS Test say it's off.

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
There are 2 important issues that I noted.
1. As noted by others, the GPS does not work, eventhough it is enabled.
2. I wanted to go back to v7 stock (to see if GPS works), could not get the phone in download mode. Every single time, as soon as the USB is connected to the phone, the charging animation appears (I have used the download mode dozens of times before).

On a side note, I went in the CWM recovery and installed AOKP 4.0 rc3 and the GPS is working, so no need to go back to stock.

Also, same with AOKP 4.0, phone will not boot manually by holding power button after it is shut down when connected to charger (will display LG logo and charging battery animation), and will not boot but will display charging battery animation even after its disconnected from charger. (A battery pull restores it thought...)

Upvote 0
Ok so this is the latest that I have with mine....Bluetooth pairs with my Pioneer deck and it plays from it so that is good. Bluetooth Mac is different from the CM address and it looks like judging by cryoaura's mac, mine is different.

Maps...yeah looks like GPS is borked. I can get location thru cell tower....but not ideal. Is there a command we can throw in terminal that forces GPS on?

And how can I get weather back on the lockscreen?

Upvote 0
rmcc is officially a genius (but we knew that already). He gave me the magic number to feed into liboncrpc to fetch the bluetooth mac. I had previously tried running through all of the magic numbers for oncrpc without success. But I didn't see it because oncrpc returns the mac address with the octets reversed. Doh! :p

So that's one hurdle down and one to go before we have a decent shot at official CM support.

I'll spin new builds of CM10.0, AOKP41, and CM10.1 with this fix. AOKP42 will have it from the start.

@vj950: I had seen the boot to charger issue before. Please file a bug in the tracker so I don't forget about it.

Upvote 0
I don't think photosphere is included in cm10.1 camera. :(

thats what I was thinking. I guess there's just a lot of issues with getting it to work on different phones. :[

tdm, do you know if photosphere is in aokp42?

Could someone do some testing to see if flashing a version of the 4.2 camera with photosphere will work? I would do it but i'm in the middle of a great book right now and don't feel like messing with it atm :p If no one else does, I will do it later and see if I can find one that works. I really want to take some 360 pics!

Upvote 0
thats what I was thinking. I guess there's just a lot of issues with getting it to work on different phones. :[

tdm, do you know if photosphere is in aokp42?

Could someone do some testing to see if flashing a version of the 4.2 camera with photosphere will work? I would do it but i'm in the middle of a great book right now and don't feel like messing with it atm :p If no one else does, I will do it later and see if I can find one that works. I really want to take some 360 pics!

I'll check tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Did the Antutu benchmark testing and I am able to get only 5500 Max. This is even after overclock to 1.64.

Isn't AnTutu having consistency issues right now?
Personally, it feels smoother than CM10, I haven't even adjusted anything in Developers Options or installed Pimp my ROM yet, just tweaked CPU, and would say performance has definitely improved.

Upvote 0
.... And boom goes the dynamite.

For those with gps issues, did you flash with gps enabled already? I'm going to do a clean flash with gps enabled and see how it goes. I'm loving aokp for 4.1,so I'm going to give cm10.1 a try til the new aokp is released.

I flashed multiple times, from CM10 with GPS enabled, from Eclipse with GPS enabled (how I got it to work on CM10 the first time), both clean installs. Also tried a dirty flash, nothing worked.

Reactions: IMUcarmen
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones