• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Staying with ICS or going back to 2.3.6?

Hey guys, I have had my Galaxy S (i9000) on Dark Knight 5.5 ICS for a while now and I think I have finally had enough and may be moving back to 2.3.6. It is just so laggy! If I have anymore then about 3 or 4 things open in the task manager, the phone just stops working basically, and just waking itself up is a challenge. I'm not sure if there is any way to stop this or if its just what comes with using a OS that isn't made for your phone.

The only thing that (In my opinion) has running for ICS, is the keyboard and auto-correct (which I cannot seem to get to work on 2.3.6), and the general nicer look of it. Other then that I think I would prefer 2.3.6.

Have any of you occurred this problem? What are your thoughts?

Also, if anyone has tips for auto-correct working on 2.3.6, please let me know, because from memory, I don't think I could get it to work, also, I want it to work for non swipe. I don't like swipe.

Thanks a lot!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones