• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile/Metro Talks

Marketing genius'. They can make people pay for anything. Even a 99 cent adapter that should have been included with every 5 sold. But nope, Apple wants $39 for it.

When you can get people to pay for whatever they tell you to pay for, then that makes them marketing moguls. Thus in turn making it "appear" that they are the leaders.

I think "old" technology was brought up with the Nexus? I mean seriously? What would you call technology on I4 and I5 that was available years before their release?

The numbers and people speak for themselves. That's just the reality of it. It's really no big deal.

Yes, the Nexus is slightly dated compared to the $200 more GS3 you were talking about and I'm sure you are aware a new Nexus device is about to be released. That's how technology is.

Upvote 0
You tell us why. All I know is Apple is the best at what they do and that's making hardware and software and that's why the iPhone is and has been for past five years the smartphone king and the best in the world!

The Iphone is actually made in China in a sweat shop at Foxconn by under payed Chinese workers.

Reactions: apeiiron
Upvote 0
The Iphone is actually made in China in a sweat shop at Foxconn by under payed Chinese workers.

One might be able to argue that there's waiting lists to work there and though underpaid compared to say the U.S., it's not bad money there,

at least until you see the pics of the suicide nets on the side of the buildings to stop the jumping workers from hitting the pavement.

That speaks pretty loudly for itself...

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I think this won't really take hold. My bosses said that it's something that isn't financially sound for T-Mobile.

I don't know much about it but I assume blending CDMA and GSM would require a lot of transitional work.

It just sounds like a bad combination. Only thing beneficial is the LTE Metro PCS has.

I'm sure they explore all possibilities before making the bid

Upvote 0
I think this won't really take hold. My bosses said that it's something that isn't financially sound for T-Mobile.

I don't know much about it but I assume blending CDMA and GSM would require a lot of transitional work.

It just sounds like a bad combination. Only thing beneficial is the LTE Metro PCS has.

They're not really blending the two; from what I've read Metro's CDMA will last until 2015 and then go away. In the mean time, late 2013 or sometime in '14, new customers will probably only get the opportunity to purchase the GSM phones thus making the transition over to T-Mobile's network.

Upvote 0

they both want LTE and metro had plans to dump CDMA whether they merged or not.

metro wont be disappearing as some have said, they'll come under tmobile as a non-contract unit and have their bands switched over to match tmobile's. metro customers will be able to use tmobile phones on metro by summer next year, plus metro will have voLTE up and running in most if not all of their markets by that time.

Upvote 0
Sprint has more resources then T -Mobile, but I think a MetroPCS and T -Mobile merger would be better then a MetroPCS and Sprint merger. If the MetroPCS and T -Mobile merger does in fact get finalized it wouldn't be a surprise if Sprint bought out T -Mobile later on down the road.

Ewwww but then we'd get all that Sprint STANK all over us...:frown:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Sprint's 3G may be better then Metro's but it sucks compared to everyone else's especially T-Mobile's. I'd much prefer access to T-Mobile's 3G network.

Don't know if Sprint necessarily has more resources then T-Mobile, what Sprint does have is a massive debt load that they just keep on piling on to and not too much to show for it so far.

For us as consumers the T-Mobile merger is far better then a Sprint buy because it will increase the competition in the marketplace against the big 3 and from the sound of it the merged T-Mobile plans to try and stay as the low cost leader so leaving us a low cost option, maybe not as good as what we've had with Metro, but a little more per month for better coverage and better phones is worth a little more a month. Not to mention they've already stated they're going to spend I believe it was 14 Billion on network upgrades/expansion and have essentially outlined everything they're going to do where as we have no idea what Sprint's plans will be.
In the very short term, yes the Sprint buy is more beneficial as it means access to their CDMA network. In 2-3+ year lookout though the T-Mobile buy is more beneficial for us. Look how horrible prices already are from the big 3 WITH T-Mobile and Metro around, now imagine how they'll be when both are gone because DT has made it very plain they want OUT of the US market and if it means just splitting up and selling T-Mobile in little chunks they'll do it so T-Mobile will disappear one way or another. I'd rather they stuck around and became a real challenger to the big 3 personally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones