• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Themes not working properly

Hi guys, first android phone, first post, first problem:

I just bought a samsung galaxy Y to try out android (I'm pretty happy with my iphone but my friend insisted I try android) and I have been trying to install themes using go launcher, ADW, launcher Pro and in every case a lot of icons don't update to their new images, I've tried rebooting after installing the theme, rebooting, resetting to factory setting and then reinstalling, nothing will do.

BTW the icons that don't get updated differ from theme to theme and before anyone tells me that not all icons will update due to the huge number of app out there (and thus custom icon not necessarly supported by the themes) let me just say that even basics icon like messages or facebook/skype stay the same.

Anyone has any idea what's going on?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones