• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

Great ROM. I have hesitated for weeks as my battery seemed to get worse and worse and my radios were quirky. 24 hours in, I'm very happy.

I did have one call drop this morning and when I looked at my signal, I had no signal whatsover. After about 10 seconds, I had a ful signal and was able to place my call and finish the call.

I hope that isn't a sign of things to come. I'm chalking it up to a fluke.

Is there any way to return to the stock boot animation? I always liked it (but with this ROM being so stable, I'm hoping to see less of the boot animation anyway).

Upvote 0
Great ROM. I have hesitated for weeks as my battery seemed to get worse and worse and my radios were quirky. 24 hours in, I'm very happy.

I did have one call drop this morning and when I looked at my signal, I had no signal whatsover. After about 10 seconds, I had a ful signal and was able to place my call and finish the call.

Is there any way to return to the stock boot animation? I always liked it (but with this ROM being so stable, I'm hoping to see less of the boot animation anyway).

d/l the Black Exodus theme - much better than a pink pony...

Reactions: ckelly33
Upvote 0
Waiting for B35 :).

The never ending "To Wipe - Or Not To Wipe". Heh!

One things fore sure, if Roman recommends a wipe and you go dirty, you have no business complaining about the ROM eh? You're kind of on your own with it.
Some roll the dice and win. If a wipe is not needed Roman usually posts about it along with the release post.

I have read recent posts from Roman and Zaphod-Beeblebrox explaining on whats left laying around in the system when you go dirty and why they recommend a wipe on certain releases and it was enough for me.

I used to find the wipe a pain but have gotten pretty good with Titanium BU and familiar enough with the ROM control to breeze through it in short order.

Just Sayin

Upvote 0
Waiting for B35 :).

The never ending "To Wipe - Or Not To Wipe". Heh!

One things fore sure, if Roman recommends a wipe and you go dirty, you have no business complaining about the ROM eh? You're kind of on your own with it.
Some roll the dice and win. If a wipe is not needed Roman usually posts about it along with the release post.

I have read recent posts from Roman and Zaphod-Beeblebrox explaining on whats left laying around in the system when you go dirty and why they recommend a wipe on certain releases and it was enough for me.

I used to find the wipe a pain but have gotten pretty good with Titanium BU and familiar enough with the ROM control to breeze through it in short order.

Just Sayin

You've read this op you know my thoughts I'm a full wiper every time. :)

On another note. Nova is jerky and clunky to me. Uninstalled and happily on trebuchet now.

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out how to set Voice Search as a custom app for when you longpress on a navbar button? Or set it as a lockscreen custom app? I really miss that from my old Droid X!

I've set mine to do voice search on a long press. When you set it up to do custom I think it's under activities not applications iirc

Upvote 0

You can go into rom control and turn the pink uni boot ani off, OR you can change your boot animation to anything you'd like, even back to the stock ICS one. Read through this thread, it tells you everything you need to know about how to change it and post #10 has a flashable zip file as well if you don't feel like getting into a file explorer method.

What's the best way to install m5 over b34? Do I have to wipe everything or can I just install it over?
The best way imo is to wipe your phone in full. Please make a backup of your current rom/setup and feel free to dirty flash M5 over B34 (wipe cache partition and dalvik cache ONLY) and see what ya get. If you have issues you can revert to your backup you had just made. If no issues then yahoo!

Flashed M5 and the latest lean kernel and everything is awesome so far! However holding the back button on the stock browser is not pulling up the bookmarks screen anymore. Is there a setting I am missing or is this happening to anyone else?
I never knew holding the back button ever had that feature? Are you talking about the back button on the navbar or from within the browser itself?

Upvote 0
I wish someone would put up an icon catalog or collection for using in the nav bar. I like to keep it as close to stock as I can. I don't like how the ROM automatically changes the icon of the button you put a function to.

Here is the one I made for the settings button I have configured. Attached.
navbar_settings06.png

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r603/2therock/navbar_settings06.png

navbarScreenshot.png

Attachments

• navbar_settings06.png
    navbar_settings06.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones