• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.0.4] AOKP ICS B40/M6/Mods (7/8)

I did a fresh install (wiped data, cache, dalvik, formatted system) and I'm having issues with the dialer. 90% of the time that I start to manually dial a phone number it freezes up when I enter the first or second digit and I have to go into app settings and stop contacts to get it to work again. I've tried clearing cache app data and dalvik but it has not helped at all. Any suggestions?

Did ya get this figured out? How did you flash the ROM with CWM 5.5.0.4 original? or a modded version? Through rom manager or manually? What kernel are you on?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey dude do you have a problom answering phone calls while the screen is on? It rings but the only way i can pick up is to turn my screen off then back on and then slide to answer and by that time the call is missed

idk I haven't had someone call me yet while screen is on while on M3. It worked fine with previous builds while screen was on.

Upvote 0
Hey dude do you have a problom answering phone calls while the screen is on? It rings but the only way i can pick up is to turn my screen off then back on and then slide to answer and by that time the call is missed

It was a b21 issue when modding the navigation bar. Its fixed in milestone 3. If you want the same effect, uninstall nova and flash fatsix's navigation mod... it has Nova launcher built in.

Upvote 0
So............ I drive in and out of 3 & 4G areas and need to use my old wrinkled eyes to see the G mode I'm in at a Glance. I dunno who designed the that ridiculously tiny 3 & 4G icon at Android but he must be an 18 year old with 19/19 vision.

I made a fantasy battery bar below from a screen shot in Photoshop.

My point for posting is in hopes of a developer seeing this need for a senior citizens battery bar! EH? :eek:

Kill the G and make the 3 or 4 bigger? Anything? Put the time in bold?
Hell, make the signal bars different colors for G modes?

I love the larger digi battery % readout. One step forward.

Somebody Help MEEEE!

batterybar.png

I'm with you on the sub-atomic top line print

Upvote 0
Let me know how that goes. I want to be able to run MIUI and AOKP together at some point.

This applies to any others curious as well, but it runs PERFECT. I have AOKP as phone ROM, APEX in slot 1, CodeName in slot 2, GummyNex in slot 3, and LiquidBeta2 in slot 5. One click and I can boot in to any of them. But some of you are probably curious why I left out slot 4 ;) slot for was MIUI and I booted in to it and...the features have potential but it definitely is NOT polished. So I took that out of the slot after it freaked out and denied boot manager root I got worried haha. 2 minute review? Would be good if it was all in English and it was polished more.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I have herd a lot about boot manager I wanna try it but don't wanna go through setting it all up

It depends on how many ROMs you wanna boot. In all honesty it took me an hour to set up 5 ROMs. So if you only wanna try 1, it'll take like 10 minutes. If you wanna try more, a bit longer. And the set up is easy. There's no recovery work whatsoever, you flash zips to the ROMs within the app. Makes it quick n easy.

Upvote 0
Did ya get this figured out? How did you flash the ROM with CWM 5.5.0.4 original? or a modded version? Through rom manager or manually? What kernel are you on?

5.5.0.4 and the stock kernel or which one came with the ROM. I think I figured it out, I had some contacts listed for DeskSMS so I could receive SMS through my Kindle Fire, I removed the app from my phone along with the contacts and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Upvote 0
It depends on how many ROMs you wanna boot. In all honesty it took me an hour to set up 5 ROMs. So if you only wanna try 1, it'll take like 10 minutes. If you wanna try more, a bit longer. And the set up is easy. There's no recovery work whatsoever, you flash zips to the ROMs within the app. Makes it quick n easy.

Ahhhh I am felling that itch to crack flash

What does it do to you memory wise I know on when I tried the beta on my Inc it took all 8gb for the roms

Upvote 0
I flashed Franco 15.1 this morning. Took the phone off the charger at 8:13 and am down to 84%. What settings do you recommend?

Make sure to set gov to turtle and speeds to 700 min 1000 max. It'll take a day to settle in. It seems to be every bit as good as 13.1 for me so far. I have 13.1 on my PHONE though ready and waiting in the wings :D

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones