• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vonino Ego Shut Off & Power Button Broken

Hello pals. I am a new member here so hopefully I can post a normal thread without breaking directly any rules or doing anything wrong. ;)
Anyway, the issue I'm facing is pretty serious, and I need desperate help with it. You see, I have, since January 31st, 2014 a Vonino Ego QS Android, which had only a 1 year warranty. Since July 14th, 2015 I started having issues with the Power Button. It started to refuse to answer, to the point it stopped working completely. I used since then a third-party application, the one that uses Gravity to lock or unlock the screen. However, there's something that I don't know how to overpass. You see, I was on a trip since Monday, and somehow my battery got to 0% and the phone shut down. How the heck can I now turn it back on if my power button is broken? I had this issue once, but somehow by pressing hard I made it, with a combination of USB connection to the Laptop, but I can't figure it out this time.
It's not that much about the phone itself since it was only at about 150 Euro, but I have a dozen important SMS messages that I just CANNOT lose. Plus a couple data for Subway Surfers but scratch that. What can I do? I tried a various things, like plugging to a USB, taking the battery out and whatnot. I thought now about disassembling the whole thing and check that spot with the Power Button, but I don't own a tiny enough screwdriver. Any help? Please, I cannot take this anymore. I talk a lot to a lot of people and I've been completely offline for a couple days already...

Thank you in advance!

There must be something done, right? In the end, all there needs to be fixed is that start-up button, and I suppose that should be possible by opening that phone. And I don't really get the new battery part. What could that do? The problem doesn't lie at the battery itself.

As for the warranty, even if it did, I lose most of my documents anyway. Damn dumb ignorant me. :(

Upvote 0
Yeah, you're right re. the battery, I somehow thought a new battery would magically make the phone turn on..... :$

The issue with taking the phone apart is putting it back together again. Do you have much experience with electronic devices that small, are you comfortable trying a hardware fix on a phone when there are no tear down guides (that I can find) available?

Upvote 0
Well, I did find this video which doesn't make this much of an issue:
However, I'm still not going to do it for the simple reason that I don't have such tools. I plan on getting the phone to some professional store that would fix it up. What do you think? Is it worth? There's no need to completely tear it off, just to open it up a little more and check on the wires at the power button or whatever may there be beneath it.

Should I do it? Or what should and could I do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones