• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What's the difference between EXT4 and the OEM modem?

_-Jay-_

Nov 12, 2010
NJ
I am just curious. I upgraded to EB13 using this thread:
[ROM][STOCK] EB13 - Deodexed Update from DI18 | Pre-rooted | ADDED VOICE DIAL FIX - xda-developers

Then I came across this thread that has an updated CWM3 for EB13:
[MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! - xda-developers

One says does not support EXT4, the other is made to convert your system to EXT4. What does all this mean? Am I okay with my old CWMv2.5?

Also, does anyone know if the AOSP Lock Screen mod will still work correctly on EB13? I was running it when I had Quantumv2.7 installed.

Well I am not sure what you are talking about the modem there. But Ext4 is file system and the whole CWM2.x(green) and CWM3.x(orange) goes it has to do with upgrade script which is supported more now on AOSP2.3.x based. You can use still use CWM2.5.x with no problem unless anything you are flashing requires you to upgrade if not you have no problem as 3.0.0.5 takes care of that which you should flash so you don't have to revert back to CWM2.x and CWM3.x always.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones