• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, as far as I'm concerned....there isn't much of a need for a new thread.

I thought the same, that is why I have been apprehensive.

I accidentally came across a thread discussing a brand named Steinheil. Not sure if and when they will make a protector for the EVO....but these sound fantastic!

They do sound pretty good, Its a new name I haven't heard thrown around yet, so I thank you for that.

I also remember doing research on this subject in the past and found out that there is a company that makes the protectors for the iPhone...for Apple. Can't remember the name...but know it starts with a "p". I remember believing it was the best of the best for touch and clarity. But....these Steinheil sound great! This is what I want...if they become available.
Link to product....once again...probably too early for an EVO 4G version....

SGPStore.com

Maybe the p-name you are thinking of was Phantomskinz? I heard some decent things about them.

My whole thing is that I want a product that has no or low adhesive and doesn't require special solution or dunking the phone in water to stick protectors on the case (I exaggerate). I'm not spending a chunk of change on an amazing phone so that I can purposely ruin it by semi-permanently adhering a "military grade" polymer to the front of it. May as well just get out some laquer and start painting it on. Some people really like Zagg, but I will never do that to a device I care about.

Thanks Andiron, you always seem to help whenever I make a post ;)

Upvote 0
Zagg.com best screen protectors around

The first thing I am going to do, is put an invisibleshield on it. I have them on all my gadgets.

There has been discussion about screen size of the EVO 4G and HD2 being the same...correct? So if this is the case....does anyone know if they are shaped the same. In other words, would accessories such as screen protectors and cases that fit the HD2 be suitable for the EVO 4G as well?

They are the same since, but the cases made for the HD2 will not fit the EVO due to button differences and camera placement.

Upvote 0
I thought the same, that is why I have been apprehensive.

They do sound pretty good, Its a new name I haven't heard thrown around yet, so I thank you for that.

Maybe the p-name you are thinking of was Phantomskinz? I heard some decent things about them.

My whole thing is that I want a product that has no or low adhesive and doesn't require special solution or dunking the phone in water to stick protectors on the case (I exaggerate). I'm not spending a chunk of change on an amazing phone so that I can purposely ruin it by semi-permanently adhering a "military grade" polymer to the front of it. May as well just get out some laquer and start painting it on. Some people really like Zagg, but I will never do that to a device I care about.

Thanks Andiron, you always seem to help whenever I make a post ;)

I don't think it was Phantomskinz...it was a Japanese company...they only made their screen protectors for the iPhone....no other carrier. This was last year so thing may have changed by now. I remember they were just screen protectors...not a coating. I just watched the Steinheil video at the link to the thread in that previous post....very compelling. I'm not sure I would want the anti fingerprint version....sounds like the Crystal Clear is pretty good with regard to fingerprints...so I would probably order one of each and see which one I like better. I'm tempted to try and order the HD2 version now just to have on hand in case there is a run on them...but want clarification....hence my post just before this...that it would work for the EVO 4G. Glad you like the tip....I thought it was pretty cool myself!
happy.gif

Upvote 0
Though I'm thanking you for the video, I'm mostly thanking you for the cat ;)

Hopefully when I move from my current apartment, I may eventually get a cat at my new place, and if I do, I sure as heck will be taking plenty of kitty videos with my phone.

I'm not so sure I'd let him play with it though...

YouTube - iggy investigates an ipad
ROFL LMBO now thats funny. Good evening everyone. I hope everyone had a good day. Catching up on the board.

Upvote 0
i would believe screen protectors would. i wouldnt be so sure about cases though

Thanks!....me thinks I will order my screen protectors from Steinheil when they come back in stock...even before the EVO 4G arrives! :) If I can't do this...I will be sure to check out Zagg or Invisisheild.

Okay...just a little edit here...perhaps I should wait on the screen protector....thanks dylan!

Upvote 0
life is too short for screen protectors, cases, holsters, pouches, skins, and belt clips.

i like my phones naked.

I like my phones like I like my women. Clean, naked, and turned on. And able to download at speeds faster than any other phone. err... woman.

lol, sorry to the ladies out there, I'm just joking. sorta. or rather, i'm just being male.

Reactions: Vaff and yibrushn
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones