• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Is anything really hidden from different isps, or is it all a serious big data miner?

Big Data Miner. I read there is a big data center in Utah that records all internet traffic. That how they know what these criminals look up on the net before committing their crime.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
Then firefox and duckduckgo are....?

They don't save your data and sell it or track you, but that doesn't mean the Government doesn't

DuckDuckGo is an independent Google alternative that also lets you search and browse the web, but we don’t track your searches or browsing history, and our browsers and extensions help block other companies from trying to track you as well, all by default. Our browser comes with seamless privacy protection built-in, including tracker blocking, increased encryption, Email Protection, and more. Learn more.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
They don't save your data and sell it or track you, but that doesn't mean the Government doesn't

DuckDuckGo is an independent Google alternative that also lets you search and browse the web, but we don’t track your searches or browsing history, and our browsers and extensions help block other companies from trying to track you as well, all by default. Our browser comes with seamless privacy protection built-in, including tracker blocking, increased encryption, Email Protection, and more. Learn more.
Been using duckduckgo forever, thanks for the link man. Really enlightens my studies for today.

Reactions: AugieTN
I can't tell you how much I am humbled and proud, all at the same time...

messageposter.JPG

Upvote 0
If you don't have a 4K dashcam, you are tempting fate and flirting with disaster.

I have a Vantrue 3-channel camera in my SUV. It records 4K out the front; HD in the cabin; and HD out the rear window; along with audio, all the time. I had a hardwire kit professionally installed so it's always on. (That requires a microSD card that can read/write that amount of data, and I bought a Samsung Pro Ultimate card for it. And the polarizing lens filter.

The dashcam paid for itself in an instant last month.

The Darling Bride asked if she could take my beloved SUV to the Smoky Mountains for a fly fishing outing (I'm smart enough to not say "no"). While driving on a curvy mountain road, a dirt bike came flying around a blind curve and struck the SUV head on. The video proves the Darling Bride was doing everything right (cautious speed, both hands on the wheel, eyes on the road); and the dirt bike driver was doing everything wrong (high speed on blind curves; suspended out-of-state license; no insurance). The video was slam-dunk evidence that he was completely at fault.

Monday, my SUV goes in for about $5000 in repairs... and you can bet the insurance company's well-paid lawyers will go after HIM for the money. On top of his broken legs and hospital bill; and his legal trouble; and his busted-up dirt bike. He's 27, married with 3 young kids. The Darling Bride and I are prayerful that this will be his wake-up moment to get his life's priorities in order.

In retrospect, I am SO happy I let her take my SUV. Had she taken her sedan, he would have gone through the windshield. We have no doubt of that.

Upvote 0
Wow, happy anniversary to ME!

I first joined Android Forums on November 17, 2009... right after release of the Motorola Droid. It was so awesome to find a place so welcoming to newbies who wanted to learn more about their devices.

It's still like that, which is why I'm still here 14 years later.

:)

Painted my suite in my other house the last coat of Recycled green on the other wall, just ran out of paint, luckily that did cover my bedroom wall as well as my bookshelf case, I first painted it lightly with green I just meditated on that idea today. Was in my own house for a change today and just visited with mother for a bit.. Dusted my bookshelves too..

Art Animation GIF by tobycooke

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones