• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

I need a new jacket.
uploadfromtaptalk1419129438455.jpg

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Right out side a McDonalds!!! Making me jealous.
The McDonalds I work at sucks. They haven't renovated, they haven't done anything to the place to make it appealing. That's why I want to transfer to a beautiful Coffee like House McDonalds that's just plesent to be in.

Our local McDonald's is actually very nice, but then it is the only one for 300 miles. LOL

..We do dine there sometimes, just to make a change.

Upvote 0
Any interesting specific menu items at the location?

I remember in the Philippines, you could get fried chicken, spaghetti, or rice at McDonalds.

McDonald's here does a lot of fried chicken, no rice or noodle dishes though. However KFC does quite a few rice dishes and Cantonese style curries. Can see what we get here...
http://www.mcdonalds.com.cn/cn/ch/food.html

Their main staple is burgers and fries, which is what most people in China go to a McDonald's for, I think. There's McCafe as well in Beijing, they're very much the same as any others the world over.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that the beef and chicken there actually taste like beef and chicken... Am I right?.

Yeh the beef and chicken are OK. Seems there's different perception about McDonald's here, than in the UK and US. Not only is it an American brand(foreign), it's actually quite expensive for many people. Certainly compared to eating noodles or dumplings or something in the local, family run restaurants, so eating a BigMac and fries is kind of like a special treat. They paid to have a nice big Christmas tree put up outside their restaurant, not many others have done that. Inside it's very well decorated for Christmas, western style, nothing obviously Chinese, like red paper-cuts or new year couplets.

Along with KFC, Starbucks and Pizza Hut, it's something that's only relatively recent in China and is obviously western, like chocolate and coffee, and so it is something special. There's plenty of home-grown lookalikes though, e.g. http://www.dicos.com.cn/ which does very much the same stuff as KFC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones