• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

No. I should have quoted my previous post-- I have a cracked intake hose. Replacement hose won't arrive until next week, and I have a good thousand miles of driving to do over the next few days.

Rather than stare at a check engine light and lose some fuel economy, I glued the hose together and taped it up with speed tape (expired, not for use on aircraft; perfectly fine for use on a privately owned automobile).

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
That's Air Koryo in North Korea does things like that. An airline that's banned from European airspace, but China and Russia aren't quite so fussy.

I have a coworker who has a bumper sticker from Aeroflot; it shows them strapping cargo to the top of one of the wings and other silly stuff like that.

Reactions: EarlyMon and mikedt
Upvote 0
I have a coworker who has a bumper sticker from Aeroflot; it shows them strapping cargo to the top of one of the wings and other silly stuff like that.
There's a fairly recent story about some cargo 747 taking off from China with only three working engines. Apparently a front turbine was all chewed-up and vibrating badly, so they tied it in place with seatbelts to stop it windmilling, and they took off for a European destination, only three working engines. It eventually ran low on fuel because of the increased drag, has to land Germany, pilots hoping for a quick fuelling stop. It was promptly grounded, requiring that three engines be replaced. I'll find the original article later.

BTW I much prefer to travel by train in China, rather than flying, it's much batter.

North Korea really are make do and mend on antique Soviet made planes, because that's all there is. And China and Russia are their only destinations AFAIK. Most of Aeroflot's fleet are new Airbus and Boeing planes these days. Many of the old Tupolevs and things are now flying around in Africa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
During our car trips in the US in '11 and last September we followed the old Route 66 from time to time.
Good to see they are restoring it here and there.

Attachments

• 1432098432174.jpg
    1432098432174.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 43
  • 1432098452400.jpg
    1432098452400.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 1432098466287.jpg
    1432098466287.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 1432098478996.jpg
    1432098478996.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1432098492751.jpg
    1432098492751.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0
So I'm sitting in Target parking lot loading stuff on to my cartwheel app and I'm hearing something that sounds like ..a mouse? chipmunk? something...chewing scratching..etc in the back trunk?? I have a jeep so it's open to the rest of the car..anywayWTWhat?? when I make a noise it stops...no way..it can't be.... must be going crazy..still..not gonna go look no way no how:eek:

Upvote 0
So I'm sitting in Target parking lot loading stuff on to my cartwheel app and I'm hearing something that sounds like ..a mouse? chipmunk? something...chewing scratching..etc in the back trunk?? I have a jeep so it's open to the rest of the car..anywayWTWhat?? when I make a noise it stops...no way..it can't be.... must be going crazy..still..not gonna go look no way no how:eek:
Got Cat?

Reactions: huh
Upvote 0
2!! But they are home and I'm in a target parking lot:) oh !! I see what you are getting at!! no way Oliver will go in the car Malcolm in the other hand routinely jumps into anyone and everyone's car !
I have visions of me driving home and a deer popping up next to me like in the Movie Tommy Boy !![emoji13][emoji13]
Well huh, you do have a way with animals. I just can't quite pinpoint what that is though.

Reactions: huh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones