• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

£77.29 GBP for in-app purchase in Asphalt 8. Wow! Has anyone here paid that much for a freemium game?
6c02681008eea03cf0e40603b8136511.jpg

That's almost $120 USD, just for a game!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never paid 1¢ into any freemium games, and never will...

Neither will I actually, not really impressed with Gameloft anyway. I've been playing the Windows version of Asphalt 8, which is the regular one, not pirated or anything, installed from the Win 10 app store. Want to play the Android version in this country, you have to use the special PRC edition...downloaded from Gameloft's own website..
gameloftcn.jpg

Then that's as far as it gets....when trying to install it.
asphaltfaulty.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The ones growing in circles used to be called "fairy circles". The little sprites used to call meetings and sit on them according to folklore. Toadstools was often used as well. This day and age probably not PC.

We have the Ink Cap that looks like a diseased private member(gets grosser as it ages), some that resemble pine cones and others that look like biscuits in the grass.

Upvote 0
I got a call that I'm finally getting my deductible back, from getting rear-ended 3 months ago. I filed the insurance claim 2 months ago, & got my car fixed just under 2 months ago - so it took roughly 2 months & dealing with 3 insurance companies. I'll be ecstatic when I actually have the check in my hot little hands!

Upvote 0
"Electric Pinao" hmmm. Maybe I should contact the dev in Beijing about that?

walkband.jpg

Walk Band by Revontulet Studios.

BTW I bought a new phone yesterday, an Oppo R7 Plus, so just been installing my favourite apps.

Got a little bit further with Asphalt 8 from Gameloft (China) Ltd. on the new phone, 3 minutes of that, then it aborts with "download failed".

gameloft.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since i got my new number in August, I've been getting tons of calls and texts intended for the last person who had it.

So far I've been able to ascertain that he is a popular kid in high school and speaks spanish. I do find the little things that create drama for these kids to be quite hilarious. I hope I was never this stupid as a kid.

Part of me is tempted to give them bad advice.

Upvote 0
Since i got my new number in August, I've been getting tons of calls and texts intended for the last person who had it.

So far I've been able to ascertain that he is a popular kid in high school and speaks spanish. I do find the little things that create drama for these kids to be quite hilarious. I hope I was never this stupid as a kid.

Part of me is tempted to give them bad advice.

[emoji107]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones