• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

My wife and I did not exchange anything for Valentine's Day, instead we made dinner together (tacos - taco Tuesday right?) and ate by candle light. Had a couple frosty beers and cuddled on the couch. It was almost 80's movie montage worthy. All that was missing was the catchy 80's music. :thinking:

Best Valentine's Day since I asked her to marry me 7 years ago. ;)

Upvote 0
Am I crazy for considering a Moto Z or Moto Z play as a "bridge phone" to get me through to a new Pixel or Nexus type phone (the Pixel jr?) that I like and am willing to pay for. I really like them and am intrigued by the Moto Mods. Plus, there have been several sales lately making them even more attractive. Plus Moto fan boy. :cool:
<anyway>
I have read that it should work on the Tmo bands with my Fi sim, and I'd be interested to see if the dialer codes for the other carriers work to switch the phone to other carrier signals. I wonder if the reason Nexus and Pixel are listed as the only phones that work with Fi is because they have software that looks for the strongest signal and auto switches. Not that they are the only phones capable of connecting to the multiple carriers. :thinking:

I don't know, my Nexus 6 is still rolling along, still on 7.0 and Nov security as I am not getting OTAs lately and I haven't flashed the update yet. I'm getting 20+ hrs of battery life, everything works. My only complaint is I have had maybe 3 random re-boots in the past 4 or 5 weeks. Otherwise it's been all aces. :oops:

Talk me out of this craziness. :goofydroid:

Upvote 0
There will be no more Nexus phones.
Pixel is the new Google phone.
Moto mods are cool if you can carry them
?

Wait for HTC's next move later this year.

There are rumors that there will be either a new Nexus or a Pixel jr that will be more affordable. That's what I meant.
With regard to the Moto Mods, it's not like I'd carry all of them around all the time. In fact I am only really interested in a few of them and they would be situational or for use while travelling. I am just a Motorola guy, I love their stuff.

Speaking of, I am not fond of the Pixel (HTC) nor the U Ultra (HTC) and really haven't loved anything they have done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones