• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Do you mean shipping as in relationships?

That's the trend in fandom: building (sometimes very) non-canon virtual relationships between two characters in a show/movie/book, or real people, or what-have-you. Doesn't have to be the same source: you could ship Kirk and Leia (I'm sure it's been done already... Oh yeah, Google gave me 7.5 million hits).

It's mostly a fan-fiction/fan-art thing, but it's also a conversational thing when talking between fans of any genre.

Depending on the creators of the content and their relationship with their fan-base, sometimes these speculations can become canon.

Last edited:
Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Now HALF of families text each other in the same house: Experts say tech craze could have a 'catastrophic' effect on family life

‘It is potentially catastrophic for the human relational values that underpin family life at its best, with real, face-to-face communication being increasingly displaced and sidelined by the machine.’
...all because of this new website o_O

Upvote 0
Now HALF of families text each other in the same house: Experts say tech craze could have a 'catastrophic' effect on family life

‘It is potentially catastrophic for the human relational values that underpin family life at its best, with real, face-to-face communication being increasingly displaced and sidelined by the machine.’
If being on this site less means I have to talk to my family more, I guess I'll have to get used to the new layout. Maybe I'll try viewing it with sunglasses?

Upvote 0
Hendrik Bruna, author of Miffy the rabbit passed away.
4857446c-1.jpg

Reactions: mikedt and Dngrsone
Upvote 0

I remember when a commercial for some carrier came out with everyone in a family calling each other at the dinner table. Promoting family time I think, Same response

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones